Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

I'm in...but the holidays are rough. I'm around for another week or so then out of pocket until the new year.

I can start...but might be better to coordinate this for January.

My availability is still best in the evenings 8-11 EST due the the social lives of my kids.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

I'm good with starting in January.  Gives everybody enough time to play some and refresh.  I would like it though that everyone that says yes to really do their honest best to make this appointment gaming.  I think we could really all have some fun and gives you something to look forward to.  And evenings should be fine for me. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Millipede

I mentioned the "Legends of Revolution" mod for BtS earlier and if anyone is interested in checking it out, you can get it here: http://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/civilization-iv-beyond-the-sword-mod/legends-of-revolution-0-9-9b

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Millipede

I haven't participated in Civ V multiplayer but I'm pretty sure that it's possible with Steam.

I think that the issue is that some have a preference for Civ IV.

MetalDog

Pretty sure you can PBEM Civ IV.  As far as V is concerned I would doubt it.  Any game that can only afford one unit per hex has got to be missing some stuff.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

#37
Oh shut up!

Of course there's MP in Civ V. MD's just mad cause he's not smart enough to figure out how to play it.

OJsDad

Ooops.  Sorry, your talking about a Civ IV game, your just not doing it as PBEM. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on December 17, 2015, 08:57:59 PM
Ooops.  Sorry, your talking about a Civ IV game, your just not doing it as PBEM.

Just to be clear my "Shut up" was not directed at you but at MD fer whining about Civ V.

OJsDad

I knew that Barth. My ooops was that I thought he was planning a game on Civ V but the thread clearly says Civ IV.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

I would be thoroughly offended if I were you OJsDad!  That Barthheart is liberally throwing around orders to 'Shut up!'  Regardless of who it is directed at!  Heathen scientist run amok!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Who are you callin a scientist?!? I'm an engineer, I work for a living!  :knuppel2:

MetalDog

Semantics, heathen!  If you were REALLY an engineer, you'd figure out how to make Civ V have more than one unit per hex.  Engineer THAT, my friend!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2015, 10:08:40 PM
Semantics, heathen!  If you were REALLY an engineer, you'd figure out how to make Civ V have more than one unit per hex.  Engineer THAT, my friend!!!

This sounds like the complaint of someone who cannot strategized beyond a doom stack. 8)