Main Menu

Mechwarrior Online

Started by Martok, March 10, 2012, 12:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mower

As a big fan of the franchise, I am still enjoying Mechwarrior Mercs and the community mods far more.

republic

For some reason or another I've gotten back into this in a BIG way.  Been paying for C-bill boost and even paid $15 for a mech...something is wrong with me!

Nefaro

Quote from: republic on February 08, 2014, 09:03:23 PM
For some reason or another I've gotten back into this in a BIG way.  Been paying for C-bill boost and even paid $15 for a mech...something is wrong with me!

I actually bought a mech awhile back.  It has some C-bill bonus on it and I had planned on just playing that one a lot so that I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on the extra C-bill income from premium.  So it was more like a mech I could use for short sessions to avoid buying Premium time.  I think it's a Heavy.

However, I keep forgetting that I have it and haven't played MWO in awhile.  Hopefully the new or upcoming(?) interface improvements have made weapon grouping and selection a bit easier, as that was always a bit fiddly when in the heat of combat.  I often needed more preset groups than the few that were available.

republic

UI 2.0 has rolled out, and you can group weapons now in the mech lab.  The new interface took a bit to get used to, I found it actually harder at first to fit my mech.  All the info is now on a hover popup and (for me at least) sometimes that popup quits popping up.

Buying a mech is a LOT easier (of course) but I wish you could click on the mech and have it load an image and detailed info, rather than the goofy on hover popup.

I didn't realize it but they made PPC's have no damage at very close range...but not ERPPC's...which makes no sense, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Jarhead0331

I just wish this had bots and some form of single player or offline component. Grrrrrrrr...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


republic

I agree.  I'd pay for a single player campaign module.  I enjoy playing online, but sometimes the "My team sucks" members of the community does tend to grate.

The Min/Max gaming the game...I don't understand.  I just want to fit and go have fun trying new tactics.

Martok

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 09, 2014, 07:13:50 AM
I just wish this had bots and some form of single player or offline component. Grrrrrrrr...
As always, I strongly second this. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

I may give MWO another stretch, starting this weekend, since there is a bonus C-Bill event going and I'm moving away from playing so much WT again.

I've yet to give it a go since all the updates in the last year.  Hoping the weapons selection is easier to manage in combat.



Dread Rlyeh

I have some low level "founders" or whatever pack I bought back in the day, and thought I might give MWO another go (burnt out on the beta), it being on steam and all.  Plus, I had heard some somewhat positive rumblings about the changes in the development team, balance, etc. 

So, I load it up on steam and go to sign in.  Hmm, can't paste my pw.  Googled the subject, and find that people have been complaining about no copy/paste, no pw saving for 3 years now.  Impressive dev stubbornness I must say.  To such a degree that I'm considering not even giving the game another shot, might just head over to WarThunder and the British line.  If they are that stubborn/mentally challenged, it begs the question as to what other issues they either don't see/can't grasp or simply block out with the "talk to the hand" move.

Is MWO worth my time at this point?  I do like Mechs and the Battletech lore so +1 on that front. 




Nefaro

Quote from: Dread Rlyeh on December 18, 2015, 07:02:05 PM


Is MWO worth my time at this point?  I do like Mechs and the Battletech lore so +1 on that front.

I've been seeing some buzz lately.  Made me update & ponder another visit.

Still concerned that my old Mechs are now outdated after all the new content additions. 

The customization should allow me to pop in better parts for my Premium mech, and others, but the new stuff would probably just end up busting my in-game Credits.  Same thing happened when War Thunder first added all the module upgrades junk a few years ago.  I had to spend all my in-game money on kitting out my planes with the new content & it completely broke me.  :-[

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Nefaro on December 18, 2015, 08:02:20 PM
I've been seeing some buzz lately.  Made me update & ponder another visit.
I'm a bit burnt out on World of Warships and I'm trying to decide on some action wargaming.  Brit tanks on WT or Mechs... The buzz is what brought me back to MWO after all this time. 

If I had the free time I did back in college, I would play both and lets the chips fall where they may, plus, in the downtime, play some WITP AE turns while I ate grilled cheese sandwiches :) 

bobarossa

Only the lowest level of Brit tanks are available unless you want to spend Golden Eagles.  Rest are still in beta. 

Nefaro

Plenty of Brit planes to fly out in RB.   ^-^

Cyrano

Ten pages and 120 days later I find this thing...part of a bit of a F2P binge I've been on since getting my spiffy new PC.

Oh my goodness is this fun.

My son and I have been clomping about in trial mechs and even winning a match or two.  The drop sequence alone has made me wish this thing worked with the Oculous setup.  Don't know how far I'll wander into actually paying for things, but, F2P, it's quite the show.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

republic

In case your spam filter kept you from seeing it, you should have an email with a code for 7 days premium time:   MechWarriorOnline_Gift_2016