Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on December 19, 2015, 10:07:13 AM
I'll have to give this a shot when I get a chance.  I wonder is simply clicking on 'Install a non-Steam game onto Steam' button within Steam is all you need to do as well?

I don't think so as it needs to be integrated in with the Steam system to use MP.

MetalDog

Alright.  So a tentative roster looks like:

Barthheart
jamus34
Millipede
Freyland
Tuna
MetalDog

with W8taminute in the wings.  Sound right?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Millipede


Freyland

What happens if someone cannot make it during a planned session?  Does the game come to a halt, or can the AI take over for the night?  I can't remember.

MetalDog

#64
That's something I have to test.  I'll need some volunteers and a time we can all do it.  I suspect that any person can claim a seat at the table just by showing up and signing in to the game.  You can password protect your Civ in mp, but, it would stop anyone from jumping in to the slot.  Ultimately, I am hoping to have a running game at x time and day and whoever shows up gets the spot they jump in to.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Millipede

Hmmm... as a multiplayer noob, there seem to be some things I've never considered. Boy, I think I'd rather miss a turn than have someone else jump into my civ. I'm pretty much open to try anything so I guess we'll see how it works out.

Barthheart

Man... do I ever suck at IV now..... just got creamed by the AI.....  :buck2:

I can't even remember what I've forgotten... or something like that.

I'll need to practice a bunch before jumping in a game with MD.... unless he starts on the other side of the planet....

MetalDog

Looks like there is a game a-brewin' for this evening.  Heard from Barthheart and Tuna.  Once I hear back from Tuna, we can get a better idea of what time it's jumping off.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Millipede

Quote from: Barthheart on December 19, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
Man... do I ever suck at IV now..... just got creamed by the AI.....  :buck2:

I can't even remember what I've forgotten... or something like that.

I'll need to practice a bunch before jumping in a game with MD.... unless he starts on the other side of the planet....

Gee, maybe the two of us can be in a race to see who gets eliminated first. ;)

jamus34

Quote from: Millipede on December 19, 2015, 03:30:14 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 19, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
Man... do I ever suck at IV now..... just got creamed by the AI.....  :buck2:

I can't even remember what I've forgotten... or something like that.

I'll need to practice a bunch before jumping in a game with MD.... unless he starts on the other side of the planet....

Gee, maybe the two of us can be in a race to see who gets eliminated first. ;)

Me first Me First!!!!

MD - Let me know what time your looking to go. I'll try to hop in if at all possible and see how bad I'll get smoked.
Insert witty comment here.

OJsDad

Quote from: MetalDog on December 17, 2015, 09:32:48 PM
I would be thoroughly offended if I were you OJsDad!  That Barthheart is liberally throwing around orders to 'Shut up!'  Regardless of who it is directed at!  Heathen scientist run amok!!!

I live in NW Ohio.  We're used to dealing with low browed Canuks ;)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: jamus34 on December 19, 2015, 03:38:45 PM
Quote from: Millipede on December 19, 2015, 03:30:14 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 19, 2015, 02:31:40 PM
Man... do I ever suck at IV now..... just got creamed by the AI.....  :buck2:

I can't even remember what I've forgotten... or something like that.

I'll need to practice a bunch before jumping in a game with MD.... unless he starts on the other side of the planet....

Gee, maybe the two of us can be in a race to see who gets eliminated first. ;)

Me first Me First!!!!

MD - Let me know what time your looking to go. I'll try to hop in if at all possible and see how bad I'll get smoked.

Will do.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Millipede

Okay, this is important! I've been brushing up on Civ IV basics by playing against the AI and ... "Sitting Bull just converted to Hinduism" and I'm thrilled!... I might also add that I'm breaking a personal rule by posting after consuming, at least, one more beer than needed. :buck2:

MetalDog

Look at you go, you wild man!  Next thing you know, you'll be building Wonders and toasting Cristal!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on December 19, 2015, 04:44:02 PM
Look at you go, you wild man!  Next thing you know, you'll be building Wonders and toasting Cristal!

8Pm or 9PM est?