Attila: Total War - Charlemagne DLC?

Started by Gusington, October 10, 2015, 02:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

^ Whoa.  Them's fightin' words.  Better than M2TW:Kingdoms:Crusades?    :knuppel2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Well...it's only drawback is that all the factions are Japanese obviously. But there is some good fleshing out of the factions that exist and the tech tree is bonkers (in a good way.) Nothing quite feels as good (in gaming anyway) than completing a steam railway from one end of 1870s Japan to the other. And the units are great (even if they don't vary much) and the AI is sinister (in a good way). Great art, great PC optimization, great streamlining. Not many mods though...because FOTS is pretty close to perfect as is. It's just beautiful technically and artistically.

BTW M2TW - Crusades was my easiest TW win ever...IIRC I won the campaign in under 20 turns, and that's saying something from me.

I have yet to play Charlemagne but I have seen a few posts from people comparing it to Shogun 2 so fingers crossed. Already downloaded some mods to tweak it a little but FOTS calls to me...I may cave and play it first, then Charlemagne.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni


Gusington

I am just about to start a Fall of the Samurai campaign...it's been too long since I've played it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My all-time favorite TW campaign. Shogun or Emperor?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Blargh.  Was hoping to play some more of my Mercian campaign today, but ending up being too pissed off (at first), and now too drunk.  I like spoons. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

sandman2575

Quote from: Toonces on December 18, 2015, 06:11:10 PM
More scotch is the answer.   O0

Definitely. Especially if we're talking single malt...

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Martok

That's a two-hour trip for me.  I didn't have that kind of time.  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

For those who are interested (I was): 





So according to Jack Lusted (longtime modder-turned-CA developer), apparently Westphalia has the most difficult campaign.  I would think the Lombards have gotta be up there as well, though, as they get tag-teamed by both Chucky and the Pope early on. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

I hadn't seen that posted before. Thanks Martok.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Yes thanks Martok...watching now.

I am torn. Not sure whether to play Charlemagne or Fall of the Samurai next...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Charlemagne!  Charlemagne!  Charlemagne!  O:-) 


One (of several) things I liked in that video was how the devs apparently worked to make imperium more achievable by both researching technology and building/upgrading infrastructure in your settlement/province.  Thus, one doesn't need to conquer as much territory (unless they wish to), which is always nice. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces