Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog

If you want to Steam Voice chat, after you load up your Civ IV game, and go into the Multiplayer Lobby, look for MetalDog's game and then press Shift and Tab to open the Steam in game screen.  You can access your Steam Friends list from there and then ping me.  I will invite you into the chat.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

1) Any house rules?

2) Are we doing voicechat or just text?

3) PAssword?
Insert witty comment here.

Millipede

That certainly went well!

After loosing voice chat, I tried to start another game and couldn't get passed the game setup screen. Anyone still want to keep trying?

Tuna

We found out Steam has a 4 person limit, so that kind of sucked!  :crazy2:

jamus34

The noob game is still going strong if slowly
Insert witty comment here.

Tuna

So is the 'Old Grogs Never Die - Stophro creation" Game is going well too!  O0

MetalDog

It appears that the port to Steam has broken the mp function in a small way.  You can only game with four players.  That's right.  You heard me.  Four.  So, the fact that there's six of us ready to go and now, only four can play, was a smack in the face!  The solution?  Split into groups of three.  It was Millipede, jamus34, and Freyland in one and Tuna (Washington), Barthheart (Louis Quatorze) and yours truly (Kublai Khan) in the other.

I meant to grab a screen shot.  I'll try to remember next time.  Everyone seems to be holding their own.  Research and civ size are about even.  The fly in the ointment is Alexander.  He just recently vassalled Zara Yaqob and then turned on Pacal.  The Mayan will be the next Vassal for the Greek conqueror.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on December 20, 2015, 12:18:12 AM
It appears that the port to Steam has broken the mp function in a small way.  You can only game with four players.  That's right.  You heard me.  Four.  So, the fact that there's six of us ready to go and now, only four can play, was a smack in the face!  The solution?  Split into groups of three.  It was Millipede, jamus34, and Freyland in one and Tuna (Washington), Barthheart (Louis Quatorze) and yours truly (Kublai Khan) in the other.

I meant to grab a screen shot.  I'll try to remember next time.  Everyone seems to be holding their own.  Research and civ size are about even.  The fly in the ointment is Alexander.  He just recently vassalled Zara Yaqob and then turned on Pacal.  The Mayan will be the next Vassal for the Greek conqueror.

Fun game, fun times, especially the usual Banter to keep things light!

Millipede

Sounds good! You guys got a lot further than we did. We're at 550BC and taking a break until tomorrow night. We didn't even encounter any barbarians for the longest time. Looking forward to your updates.

Freyland

Well of course they got farther-- somebody kept forgetting to hit End Turn (like everybody not named jamis). :buck2:
Actually, I suspect they got farther because they played simultaneous turns. How does that work, MD?  It seems like it would be a rush and careless.

MetalDog

#100
Simultaneous turns, I thought, is the default setting.  When you fire up the game again, in the Staging Room, in the bottom right hand corner, you will see where you can change the Setting, Victory Conditions, Options and Multiplayer.  The Simultaneous Turns option is in the Multiplayer Tab.





As an aside, F12 is the button to press to take screenies.  Loaded up my game and tried it and all I get is a screenshot of the Civilopedia.  So, until I can figure out how to take in game screenshots, I will not be able to post any :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Most of the time was just getting everything situated. Once we were ready to go it was good.
That said, the wildlife is vicious. Nothing like being the meat in a bear/lion sandwich.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

True dat!  Nothing like losing your Scout/designated explorer to the local fauna.  Bears especially are brutal ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on December 20, 2015, 09:10:28 AM
True dat!  Nothing like losing your Scout/designated explorer to the local fauna.  Bears especially are brutal ;)

Happened to my first Settler, they heard me cursing and enjoyed!  :-\

Barthheart

Quote from: Tuna on December 20, 2015, 09:23:59 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 20, 2015, 09:10:28 AM
True dat!  Nothing like losing your Scout/designated explorer to the local fauna.  Bears especially are brutal ;)

Happened to my first Settler, they heard me cursing and enjoyed!  :-\

Yeah, good times....  ;)  Betcha don't send un-escorted settlers into the wilds anymore eh?