Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

This seems related, as a fix.

Quote from: MahatmaGamer, on Steam 7DtD forumAlpha 13.6 Server Connection issues (potential fix)
After Alpha 13.6 update released we were having some severe connection issues i.e. not being able to connect, Only world chunk loading (you fall of the edge of the earth) we had this issue with our own hosted server and joining other hosts.

I re-installed the update to the server and its been running smoothly since.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Perhaps relatedly, perhaps coincidentally, the music doesn't play anymore during loading the game, since the new update back on the 24th.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

well i foraged all day, plenty of wood and stone. Found someones base, green roof with some planted corn and cotton...ace wasn't the code to get in. I was running for the plane drop when i found it, never did find the crates. Next time i'll hunt all day for skins for a bellows. Thanks to whoever added to the supplies.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I added the supplies at your base, budd.

I'm pretty sure you found AzTank's house, from the sound of it. I got in there using "ace"; I don't think I changed the password doing so, but I did notice that the game treated the door as being only "locked" with me having permission to pass thenceforth. On the other hand, only the front door had been passcarded like that; the side door (which AzTank, aka Number42 or 41 or whatever, eventually came in) didn't seem to have any password, and remained locked for me.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Is this server closed? Real interested in this game but would be a total noob and would like to latch on to some brothers who will help instead of pk. I do have some experience with builders terria mostly.
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

Quote from: jamus34 on December 27, 2015, 02:03:04 PM
Is this server closed? Real interested in this game but would be a total noob and would like to latch on to some brothers who will help instead of pk. I do have some experience with builders terria mostly.

Don't think it's closed. The log in info is at the start of this thread. Don't worry about being a noob. I died within minutes.  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

ArizonaTank

Quote from: jamus34 on December 27, 2015, 02:03:04 PM
Is this server closed? Real interested in this game but would be a total noob and would like to latch on to some brothers who will help instead of pk. I do have some experience with builders terria mostly.

Come on it.  No, not closed at all.  It is cooperative.  No attacking other players.  Login info is at the beginning of the thread.  Highly recommend you watch a tutorial video first.  YouTube is full of them.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Just to recap, the password is: "CambronneMerde!"

All locked doors in the game should be passworded with "ace", but note that sometimes there may be an invisible space when setting them so make sure to backspace thoroughly before setting the password.

The server is called "Unofficial Grog Invitational".

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Tap 't' on the keyboard to open the global chat window. Microphones kind of work, but sometimes need the 'v' key held down.

'M' brings up the map; then check the other players at the menu on the upper right. Send ally requests to everyone; accept from everyone.

This build is a little whacked on the server right now; if you get to a point where using the "use" key (originally 'e') doesn't work, or you see gaping skybox holes in the terrain, you should quit and re-enter.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Is this game worth buying into just to play with y'all?  This isn't something I'd play on my own, but this thread is intriguing me.   :idiot2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rekim

Steam has it for $10 at the moment :coolsmiley:

JasonPratt

#131
Buy with confidence. Well, confidence and patience at some of the remaining instability as the dev continues trying to improve the random terrain generator.  ::) But work continues and as the Chinese say in English: progress is being occurred.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Having helped set up AzTank's house earlier today with a giant spiky sea of spikes, I trotted down to Budd and spent the afternoon and early evening doing the same for his house; plus some hunting. The most interesting of which was luring a bear back to the house to see if I could get him onto the spikes. Unfortunately, he followed me to the wall gate and there the only bug I've seen in the game (aside from the general server goofiness after the latest update) happened: he teleported through the door. (In fairness, the code may have thought he went over the wall.) I almost didn't get the main door slammed in his face, and I can tell you I was pretty nervous about whether he'd beam through that one, too, but the surrounding doorframe read as "solid" and the bear didn't try chewing through the door.

More to the point, unlike zombies (so far) the grizzly was smart enough to generally avoid the spike field!

Scampering upstairs, I took budd's clever roof-hideaway escape hatch (which frankly needs a door before the spider zombies start to arrive); and stood on the roof with bow nocked pacing around as the bear raged back and forth on the deck (which I had been meaning to fill with spikes, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.) He stuck his butt out far enough at one point that I shot it, at which he ran to the wall far below and started trying (unsuccessfully) to climb it. Due to a quirk in how the porch had been built, he fell into a bit of a pit, and couldn't figure out how to turn around and climb out again -- but neither could he go forward with the spikes. All he could do was stick his nose out beyond the wall: and standing on the roof, I Legolas'd his head seven or eight times with my doofy little stonehead caveman arrows. Until he died.  :knuppel2:

Then I ran around the house so excited I went out the wrong dang door; hoping to get to him before the game disappeared him -- it'll do that with zombies before you can get their loot sometimes, but I haven't seen it happen with animals yet, but still... Due to how he died, I had to practically crawl up his ass afterward and flay his dead body with my bone shiv. We ate well that night on bear-bacon and eggs!

A lurker from Wargamer.com joined in as "Randall Flagg" (though oddly looking a lot more like a hot blonde woman than I recall from The Stand  ::) ), and got kicked around the map on bad spawn far away from the rest of us, but by luck he respawned just outside the house as night was falling (and I had gotten the bear nicely cooked), so spent the night and the next day helping housekeep the spikes and generally getting up to speed with the new character. Budd meanwhile has found a city (actually the second one, the first being in a snowzone and far too cold to travel or stay) about a day's travel out, which he has been looting and then coming back to the house -- also bringing meat.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

In short, best $10 I've spent all month, easily. Actually best $20! -- I bought before the sale started, and then wasn't able to do much until after the sale started.  :buck2: Still the best $20 I've spent all month. Easily worth twice that, and still in alpha.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

well i went back to the smaller city, fell in a hole on the way. Had to make a ladder to climb out, fell off the ladder and died :) it was a deep hole. Went back for my backpack and dogs jumped me to the tune of 5 deaths.  I labeled a safe house by the city it has some weapons and stuff, backdoor code is the usual. Finally got to the city and looted the bookstore and the tool shop, alas no auger. I left some schematics in the chests for anyone. the city still has a lot of loot left, i'll be going back. I found a coat so maybe i'll take a run at the freezing main city at 0.0 .Someone else was on didn't recognize the name and didn't respond to a greeting, no idea. I'll probably push on past the smaller city down where the road forks. I think the forge isn't working right suddenly i cant forge iron and still haven't found an anvil book. I was getting some low FPS numbers, usually run in the 70's but was going down to the teens. Thanks for shoring up the place Jason.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.