Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Millipede

Okay, I'll do my best to be home by 5pm PST but no guarantees... 6pm might be a better guess.

jamus34

Whatever you guys need. I'll catch up on my beauty sleep so I'll be ready to go Sat. night!
Insert witty comment here.

Freyland

Let's just go for 6 pm PST. I don't want Millipede to feel rushed. Plus, you know, tea time.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Yup, started a new once to get simultaneous turns and ripped through almost 200 turns.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Excellent!  So, what's the story?  How many AI's?  How big is the map?  Any good/rotten things happen to you guys?  What gives???
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

#126
Did a large map with 4 AI's

Turned on simultaneous turns (which burnt Frey unfortunately...those damn slippery French)

I had a major brain-fart..check that...I had brain dysentery and turned off population growth for my 2 largest cities when my happiness was balanced but forgot to turn it back on once I had accumulated more. So I went from being toward the front of the pack to falling behind...and not realizing why for quite a while.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

It's certainly a "pay attention to a million things at the same time," kind of game. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Freyland

I over-extended myself in an attempt to isolate part of a continent and the French swiped and established city.  I am now sadly devoted to taking it back at the expense of all else.  Damn French!

Millipede

I'm doing OK... My 2nd city was on the ocean I thought, but it turned out to be just a really LARGE lake. I'm scrambling like mad to get a port but one of my loving AI neighbors is trying to cut me off. Should be fun.

MetalDog

Got about an hour in with Tuna and Barthheart.  The war with Alexander and Zara Yaqob is a DRAIN!  And now all three human players are in it.  Maybe that will help me to finally break the stalemate in front of me and allow me some movement, i.e. take some more cities ;)  Doesn't look promising though.  I am starting to fall way behind in tech.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Freyland

After much clashing of axes, the Vikings are now free of French tyranny!  Even razed a city, too. But the Ethiopians are filling a vacuum into which they were never invited.  Well, okay, I bribed then to join, but still!

MetalDog

Zara Yaqob can expand like a MOTHER!  He'll fall behind in tech, but, once all his many cities start making money, LOOK OUT!  He'll catch up quick!  Unless Ethiopia is a human player in your game.  Then all bets are off. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

MD, Tuna, any time to continue our game this weekend?  ???


MetalDog

Any time you see me online is probably a good time.  Just ping me when you're ready.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob