Seven Years War: Releases End of October

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 24, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

Quote from: amandachen on January 03, 2016, 02:13:16 PM
Whatever. I was just thinking of poor, dear Asid.
Thanks  :-*

This is a good dev. He seems to listen and is trying hard to make the game the best it can be.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

^Absolutely. The above is also extremely out of character for amandachen.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

...so time is running out on the Steam sale and I have yet to buy anything!  I have been keeping an eye on this one.  Has the font/screen readability increased significantly?  I've already got enough games that I have trouble reading the fonts (yeah, looking at you Ageod, etc).  I may still risk picking this one up what with Steams current refund policy, but inquiring minds want to know.  Thx...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Asid

Quote from: steve58 on January 03, 2016, 04:59:09 PM
...so time is running out on the Steam sale and I have yet to buy anything!  I have been keeping an eye on this one.  Has the font/screen readability increased significantly?
I struggled to read anything at first. It is significantly better now. The tooltips do require a little squinting, by me anyway. However the dev knows about this...Especially after I put it quite simply that I could not read most of the text.

Hope this helps

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Grim.Reaper

I think for the most part the screens are very readable now, but might depend on your screen size and resolution...I am on a 39inch monitor, using 1920x1080 and things look fine, except for one area.  There is an area for country comparisons for various things, the font is still a little small, but more importantly it has some kind of graphic gauge where the color seems to overwrite the actual text on it.

If I were you and your only concern was the text, I would recommend purchasing, the developer has shown he is willing to improve things and if you don't like it, you always an refund your money.  I still haven't played the game much so can't really answer any questions on gameplay yet.

Hofstadter

I made a video showcasing a battle. Check it out in the video thread. The font has increased and is much more readable
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"


steve58

Quote from: Hofstadter on January 04, 2016, 03:08:25 AM
I made a video showcasing a battle. Check it out in the video thread. The font has increased and is much more readable

OK, just grabbed it before the sale ends today.  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Asid

Patch 1.0921 today with smaller updates:

- fixed technology bug where loading a game led to loss of technologies and research time
- balancing: slowed research by about 20%
- corrected "city switch", now the last city can be viewed too using this arrows
- removed irrational numbers of diplomatic tech trade with HRE
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Father Ted


keppelmueller

yes, i can't compete with asid 👌
currently working on french and spanish version...

magnus


keppelmueller

yes, extensions in terms of more historical battles are planned but before i would like to add more quality to the game (sprites, mouse control)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: keppelmueller on January 08, 2016, 01:40:19 PM
yes, extensions in terms of more historical battles are planned but before i would like to add more quality to the game (sprites, mouse control)

Kudos Keppelmueller! That's is absolutely the right approach. Improve the base release until you are happy with it and then focus on expansions or DLC.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Asid

Update to version 1.093
10 January

Game enhancements:
- added Spanish version
- added French version
- added mouseover tooltips for harbor buttons

Game balance:
- improved pre-good utilization calculation of companies with influence on the output numbers

Fixed bugs:
- fixed stuck campaign objects due to bad balancing of waypoint finding
- removed possibility to move out troops of occupied enemy forts on own terrain
- added workaround for non embarkable divisions due to earlier canceled sea transport
- fixed problem that new ship type technology did not lead to activation of relevant ship type
- fixed peak weapon supply of new recruited units and garrisons
- fixed problems with loam mines losing production efficiency after seasonal change, battle or reload [not effective for old savegames]
- fixed bug where mines could not find a resource if constructed directly in the middle of the resource
- influence of increased production of new technologies now implemented correctly

Layout:
- switched farm ground texture cotton <-> tobacco

interim patches: 1.921
- fixed technology bug where loading a game led to loss of technologies and research time
- balancing: slowed research by about 20%
- corrected "city switch", now the last city can be viewed too using this arrows
- removed irrational numbers of diplomatic tech trade with HRE
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying