Us and Them -- Cold War

Started by Philippe, January 07, 2016, 12:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Philippe

I just picked this up on sale at Gamersgate for $1.  It's a global treatment of the CIA vs. the KGB in the sixties. 

Can't tell if it's any good or not yet, but at that price...

It feels like a board game ported to computer, has multiplayer and AI, and might be amusing.  It's not big on eye candy, but the graphics are amusing.

I'm just reading the rules, and so far I like what I see.

I have never played Twilight Struggle, but this seems related.

The sale will go on for about six or seven more hours, and you get a Steam key (Steam is selling it for about $10).

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Ian C

50 minutes left and an account full of blue coins. No-brainer.

tgb

$1 for a Cold War board game?  Sold.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Ian C on January 07, 2016, 06:06:14 AM
50 minutes left and an account full of blue coins. No-brainer.

I had just enough blue coins myself to cover it.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Word on the street is that it is garbage.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


tgb

Has anyone found a way to get it to run full screen other than manually reducing your resolution?  F2 (windowed mode) doesn't seem to work, and I hate playing games in small windows.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 07, 2016, 06:49:05 AM
Word on the street is that it is garbage.

This.

My impression was of a 2-sided game of Whack-A-Mole.

Had high hopes when I first saw it.  Maybe the digital version of Twilight Struggle will finally be finished soon, for a real Cold War board game port.