Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Managed to get a couple hours in last night. Finished another segment of my tunnel, only one block away from my water source. It's all cleaned out and fixed up. I have pockets of ore in my tunnel so ill mine those out. Expanded my garden so the corn should start rolling in to make fuel. So next ill focus on making fuel and get back to exploring the map to the north with the mini bike. Another feral horde hit while I was on, I estimate around 40 plus dogs and hornets. Started after 2200 and pretty much kept coming until I desynced and had to rejoin around 930 the next morning, when I rejoined they were gone. Managed to not die and kill quite a few, used all my ammo and arrows. The hunting rifle was pretty effective against the big uglies, the feral zombies usually carry good stuff especially the cops if you can kill them before they explode. The cops usually carry weapons or gun parts. The bad news was I couldn't get into my med chest to get healing stuff, all the other chests worked fine. If I still can't get in maybe someone else can come over and get my med stuff out for me. I'll probably shore up my outside defenses a little to take some starch out of the feral ones, it helps. I like to build underground because get tired of repairing the up top defenses, my tunnels are wide spread enough now to escape their range when they sense me or I'm hunted, just run to different part of my tunnels pop out and start picking them with the hunting rifle and try to keep them away from beating on my vault hatches to my tunnels.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I won't be able to get back on until, very probably, around noon tomorrow (Saturday) at the earliest.

I moved a ton of things out of the mystery-locked chests in Budd's first, southern house, over to three new chests I left in the same kitchen on a different wall (opposite the counters next to the fridge). They may all be destroyed by hordes now, but as far as I know anyone could use those.

One of these days I'll spare some extra wood on... actually, come to think of it, I made a spare chest outside Deepbase1, about 50 feet east-ish, when I needed to kill a minor horde but didn't have room to search their bodies and didn't want to lose them before they dissolved. I'll punch some grass nearby, put that in the chest, make sure it's locked, ax the thing to death, and see what happens. Mental note to experiment on that...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

I made it back to AT's place, after dying twice.  From there I tried to hike to the Pharmacy.  Sgt Steiner had given me some coordinates, but I think I read them wrong.  I ended up dying outside of a gas station across the road from a bank on the edge of a frozen zone.  I'll try again later to get back to Budds new digs. 

BTW, I cannot get the chest open at AT's place next to the fire pit either. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Yeek, I think you went left from AT's house instead of right?? I gave you the clearest directions I could: go to AT's house, go north down the driveway to the main road, turn right (east) onto the main road, follow the main road about 1.5 km or so, until you get to the pharmacy which will be the first building of the town on the left (on the corner). The first hatch is in the next building down the same main road on the left (a garage which may have a minibike or two in it), and is in the back corner of the only room in that building, down in a bit of an inconvenient hole in the dirt.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

I saw something interesting I hadn't seen before...a militarized base.  Sand bags, barbed wire, and tons of mines around it.  Unfortunately it was in a cold area, so not much actual use, unless you want to freeze to death.  But looting the mines was good.  Got about 50 of them.

Strangely not much real loot in it however....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

JP. Totally my fault. I had left at the road in my brain.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

i have 3 hatches now or you could just use the ladder on the front wall and go in the front door, hatch back left in the floor.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Budd and Aztank: whatever the problem was, as I was leaving the theater at nightfall I started hearing walking sounds. Got outside, found a pig in the street. before I could shoot and skin it (and throw stuff away to keep its meat etc.), had to deal with a frozen lumberjack. (Pig escaped.) Minibiked back to my base, and around 10pm a burning horde decided to visit with apparently hornets. Anyway something that could sense and hunt me down underground! I put out all fires, crept down the tunnel -- they followed, but didn't seem to be digging (hope the devs never introduce zombie badgers!) -- and after putting everything but a couple of stone tools in my backpack I quit the game to let AzTank try rebooting the server. Hopefully rebooting the burning horde, too, since I know for a fact that when I load back in, I'll be above ground outside my base!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Server rebooted.  BTW, I could let the zombies run, or make them feral....  if we think we need more of a challenge...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

I like them to walk otherwise they'll be no going out at night. I'm fine if you want to adjust the amount of zombies, horde wise i'm fine with it, i've seen a fair number of feral and wandering hordes.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I'm fine with the challenge as is.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Some pics from my travels

There's a couple mini bikes somewhere up north, i lost one on this glich. Drove off the map. I found one of the ones i lost but then lost it in another glich and didn't find it.


Headed up north before daylight..spooky



Took the right fork, found a couple POI's, the road dead ended a little ways down.


Went back to the other road and kept going north. Found a couple buildings, a book store which happened to have a shopping basket so i could add it to my mini bike to add 25 more carry slots. I like to clean out the area before i search. A horde was moving through town, no problem for the 44 mag.




I burned a couple of tanks of gas exploring, luckily i found 2 gas stations for extra gas. Found another big town way up north and on the way back found another town that showed some base building activity. Some frames on the road with candles and a house with some spike defenses.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bbmike

^And that's why I'm going to stay on single player for a while longer. Guns and minibikes!?  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

We don't shoot other people with them.

Although, the more people (literally) running around the more unstable the current server code gets; and the minibike makes that worse. So in that sense, single-player is certainly better.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!