Main Menu

Free Golf!

Started by weateallthepies, January 08, 2016, 07:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

weateallthepies

OK not wargames but I know I've seen Action PC! Golf mentioned on here before.

Anyway both ASG Golf and Action PC! Golf are currently being given away free:

http://actionpcsports.yuku.com/topic/21112/Free-Golf-Days-At-Dave-Koch-Sports#.VpBNuVnYRxU

https://asggames.com/shop/asg-pc-golf-game-promotion/

Go get some free golf goodness :)

Staggerwing

Huh. I clicked hoping for an open-source Project Azorian sim.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DennisS

I tried to get the action pc game, and never could make it through the process..the very last step was to "check the box to show you're human."...and there wasn't a box I could find.

Grim.Reaper

ActionPC Golf is the game I play the most on my hard drive....great representation of golf!  If you have any interest in Golf, absolutely worth trying.....ASG Golf is decent as well, it has a little more of a board game feel to it (same developer of Second and Ten Football, Replay Baseball, and Replay Basketball) and a little less control then APC...but sill worth having.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DennisS on January 08, 2016, 07:39:21 PM
I tried to get the action pc game, and never could make it through the process..the very last step was to "check the box to show you're human."...and there wasn't a box I could find.

Are you sure that is ActionPC golf versus ASG Golf?  I saw someone on the ASG Golf forums report the same issue.  To the best of my knowledge, APC does not have that check and I have bought a ton of stuff from them:)

weateallthepies

Yeah that happened to me on the ASG site. Managed to get it ordered by not creating an account at the same time. You have to email to get a registration code afterwards anyway.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: weateallthepies on January 08, 2016, 07:51:45 PM
Yeah that happened to me on the ASG site. Managed to get it ordered by not creating an account at the same time. You have to email to get a registration code afterwards anyway.

Yeah, not a big fan of the registration code thing either, although I guess they are trying to protect themselves.  APC Golf has no DRM built in, which I love....plus all their products come with a 30 day money back guarantee.

weateallthepies

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 08, 2016, 07:53:26 PM
Quote from: weateallthepies on January 08, 2016, 07:51:45 PM
Yeah that happened to me on the ASG site. Managed to get it ordered by not creating an account at the same time. You have to email to get a registration code afterwards anyway.

Yeah, not a big fan of the registration code thing either, although I guess they are trying to protect themselves.  APC Golf has no DRM built in, which I love....plus all their products come with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Yep, it's based on some unique hardware key so problems if you ever upgrade too.

Been wanting to try ActionPC golf for a while so nice treat. I think he had success giving away the baseball game before the next iteration releases so obviously trying again. A nice marketing technique.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: weateallthepies on January 08, 2016, 07:59:23 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 08, 2016, 07:53:26 PM
Quote from: weateallthepies on January 08, 2016, 07:51:45 PM
Yeah that happened to me on the ASG site. Managed to get it ordered by not creating an account at the same time. You have to email to get a registration code afterwards anyway.

Yeah, not a big fan of the registration code thing either, although I guess they are trying to protect themselves.  APC Golf has no DRM built in, which I love....plus all their products come with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Yep, it's based on some unique hardware key so problems if you ever upgrade too.

Been wanting to try ActionPC golf for a while so nice treat. I think he had success giving away the baseball game before the next iteration releases so obviously trying again. A nice marketing technique.

Yep, and it looks like ASG decided to copy the promotion the day after:)  All good though, us customers benefit when the companies decide to out do each other.

KyzBP

Downloaded Action PC.  They've always been a solid company.  Thanks for the heads up! O0

gabeeg

Thanks for the heads-up!  Next to OOTP, golf games are my favorite sports sim...not sure why as I do not follow or play golf myself.  Now I can add these to my collection along with Links 2003 and Total Pro Golf 3.
Kind Regards,
Harry

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: gabeeg on January 09, 2016, 04:49:38 AM
Thanks for the heads-up!  Next to OOTP, golf games are my favorite sports sim...not sure why as I do not follow or play golf myself.  Now I can add these to my collection along with Links 2003 and Total Pro Golf 3.

You won't regret it...iIn fact, you'll probably end up purchasing additional seasons/courses for both games:)  Both of them are core season replay golf games, although APC Golf does have a feature where you can continue across many years and import future seasons to reflect their current ratings.  But doesn't have other type of career things such as aging, sponsors, training, etc.

Bardolph

#12
Thanks for the heads up,  downloaded the APC Golf, reminds me of the old Sports Illustrated GO For the Green boardgame.

weateallthepies

Quote from: gabeeg on January 09, 2016, 04:49:38 AM
Thanks for the heads-up!  Next to OOTP, golf games are my favorite sports sim...not sure why as I do not follow or play golf myself.  Now I can add these to my collection along with Links 2003 and Total Pro Golf 3.

Yeah I am much the same, have never really been interested in golf as a sport but find golf computer games very relaxing.  :)

WallysWorld

I'm having a blast with APC Golf. Haven't played any golf on the PC since Links 386 many eons ago.

Many thanks for posting the info and links.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson