Sengoku Jidai combined thread

Started by Zulu1966, January 19, 2016, 03:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jomni

#15
Quote from: Toonces on January 19, 2016, 07:53:01 PM
^ Well look at you, all grown up!  Our very own Jomni the game developer!   O0

Well just to be clear, I am not alone.  Richard of Byzantine helped in coding the challenging stuff. We deliberated on rules changes and what are to be implemented. We had another artist to help with artwork (3D and UI). I did the game design, putting the bits and pieces together.  I got all the support to realise my vision.

It will still be branded as a Byzantine game since the code and base game is theirs.

Someone mentioned in the P&S thread that Slitherine will notice my mod and turn it into an expansion (or full game).  So he's right after all.

As for the state of the game during beta, it is pretty much playable. I am just left with doing a few more stand-alone historical scenarios. There's already a lot of gaming to be had in the campaigns and skirmish.

Toonces

Seriously, though, that's extremely cool to see your mod get such acknowledgement.  It must be very gratifying.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Quote from: Toonces on January 19, 2016, 08:38:27 PM
Seriously, though, that's extremely cool to see your mod get such acknowledgement.  It must be very gratifying.

Yes it is. And they don't have a lot of Asian themed games save for some WW2 PTO.

Gusington

^Was it your idea to include Korea and China in the same game? Because that is an epic idea.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on January 19, 2016, 06:57:18 PM
Hi guys.  Guess who's part of the development team?

It's my Pike and Shot mod on steroids. It's a stand alone release as there are changes to the code and reworked UI, 3D assets, etc. not compatible with original P&S.

One thing that we introduced here which is not in P&S are generals in the battlefield.  A lot of people have been asking for this and it is quite relevant in Asian warfare.


I suspected you were up to something after going silent on the mod.  I think others here did too.

Looking forward to checking it out.  And congrats on the biz!   O0

-budd-

congrats, first thing i thought of when i saw the announcement was either Jomni is involved or someone ripped him off. Good luck with the release.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Anguille

This is very cool indeed! Congrats...a gamer's dream

Drakken

Instant buy on release for me.  O0

jomni

Thanks for the support guys. Just chime in when you have questions on the game.

bbmike

Cool, jomni! That makes it an instant buy for me as well.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

steve58

Congrats Jomni, very cool opportunity for you.  I've added this to my wishlist.

p.s.  Matrixgames/Slitherine are looking for Beta Testers for Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun

http://slitherine.com/news/item1217
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Surtur

"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

JasonPratt

All hail Jomni! All hail Jomni! Or the Japanese equivalent thereof!  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Well done Jomni! You made a fantastic mod, and I'm glad you've been recognised for your quality work. :) O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Zulu1966

Quote from: jomni on January 20, 2016, 02:33:09 AM
Thanks for the support guys. Just chime in when you have questions on the game.

One immediate question... and the fact you have them in the game is awesome...what effects do the leaders have?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.