Life Is Feudal: Your Own

Started by Asid, January 20, 2016, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

Greetings my fellow Grogs

Does anyone here have Life Is Feudal: Your Own or is maybe thinking about getting it?

Regards

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080/

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

Well after your post and that trailer I am definitely thinking about getting it now...

...just looked it up on Steam...shame it's an MP game. I'm not too into that.

It's also got 'mixed' reviews FWIW...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Asid

Hi Gus

LIF:YO is not for everyone. It is designed to be a persistant sandbox multi-player game, which encourages team work. If you go it alone, Which you can, it will be rather difficult. The way it is meant to work is that each player lends their particular skill to the group/settlement to increase expansion. This is no WOW

The reviews.
I have read many reviews. Like I said earlier. It is not for everyone. My PC is quite old but I have no issue with playing it with good settings. I have experienced 1 or 2 issues but nothing major. This is in 8 hours of play. The devs are still working on it.

MMO
Life is Feudal: Your own is a sandbox MMO with up to 64 players. The devs are creating a very large MMO with extra features and 1000's of players. If you already own LIF:YO then you will be able to get a character for free. The difference between the 2 versions is here: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1728.0.html

The DOW group is about to set up a new dedicated server. We currently have 4 players. We are discussing the server setup relating to skill multipliers, day/night cycle etc. There will not be a race to max out everything in-game. Take your time and have fun. Explore or create a settlement. Build or craft. Interact with the other players or don't.
•   Dedicated server
•   64 slots
•   2 GM's
•   Role play
•   PVE. PVP is available but has consequences
•   Dedicated TeamSpeak channel
•   Mature (older) players mostly into co-op

Anyone who is interested please let me know.

TeamSpeak: 74.91.127.204
DOW LIF:YO section: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/board,48.0.html

Hope this is helpful.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

^Didn't realize you were trying to get a team together...I'd be more interested to play with the fellers here.

We're still trying to get a game of The Ship together too...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Asid

The server is private so invite only. The players are "mature" in every way  :)

The invitation is extended to our friends here on GrogHeads. The interesting thing is that the game allows you to create different settlements/groups. So it is feasible for say you and several grogs to inhabit a part of the island and the DOW guys another. Then you could interact with the others if you wish. I hope this makes sense.

This game does need a group to play. It does not have to be large but a group is what it is designed for.

Don't be shy...These dogs don't bite :-*

Regards

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

Let's see what others here think of it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Asid

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2016, 03:09:32 PM
What does the PVE involve?
The focus would be on building and creating. Grow the town/village rather than attacking or being attacked by players on a regular basis. PVE will still allow some PvP.

JasonP....There is a plot with your name on it.....
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JasonPratt

I figured crafting not-to-starve etc., but wondered if animal combat was part of it (watch out for wolves and bear etc.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Asid

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2016, 03:25:39 PM
but wondered if animal combat was part of it (watch out for wolves and bear etc.)
Yes. However the island is not over run with animals trying to kill you every minute.

We have started a discussion about the percentages we want in the game. Number of animals at any one time for example. You are welcome to participate.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

If any of the GrogHeads want to create their own group then that is fine. You can play on our fast dedicated server. We will have 2 GM's and zero B.S.  :knuppel2:

If you do join then your group can do its own thing. Maybe trade with the others on the island. Interact as much or as little as you want.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JasonPratt

I truly appreciate the offer and may take you up on it later. :) But I've recently spent quite a bit of money on other games, and would like to plink at them a while first.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Asid

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
I truly appreciate the offer and may take you up on it later. :) But I've recently spent quite a bit of money on other games, and would like to plink at them a while first.  O:-)
O0
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying