The Bell Tolls for Friday

Started by Jarhead0331, January 22, 2016, 06:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WallysWorld

The Golf Club
CMRT PBEM
Birth of Rome
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Cougar_DK

Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...

This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Dammit Carl!

Shoveling snow is my most current pastime  :P

jamus34

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 23, 2016, 08:42:22 AM
Shoveling snow is my most current pastime  :P

I'm right now launching Waiting 1.0 before I engage Snowblower 2.0 later this afternoon.

As long as the white shit stays light and fluffy I'm not overly worried. It's when the temp creeps up over 32* that I start hating life.
Insert witty comment here.

Huw the Poo

Sod all.  Out of town for the weekend. :(

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 23, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...

This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.

Sorry to hear JH. I'm on Win 10, but not using my normal sim gear (CH). I will test it out tomorrow.
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

MengJiao

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 22, 2016, 09:55:30 AM
(insert list of gamesTM here)

Just Naval Action at the moment.  And shoveling snow.  And keeping the wood stove running well.

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 04:46:11 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 23, 2016, 02:56:05 AM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on January 23, 2016, 12:38:02 AM
Evochron Legacy, started as a miner changed my ship so I have 6 cargo bays and make some money mining diamonds and platinium. My plan is to make some more money, buy a bigger frame and the start exploring and maybe some combat...

This game hates Windows 10. I can't get any device to friggen work. Thinking about getting a refund.

Sorry to hear JH. I'm on Win 10, but not using my normal sim gear (CH). I will test it out tomorrow.


Hi JH

I just tried my TrackIR and CH gear. My CH profiles are normally programmed so that each piece of hardware is one DirectX Device, i.e. 4 different devices each with 8 axis and 32 buttons. But some games does not like that and I have to combine them all into one DirectX device even though I will miss out a lot of my axes and buttions. Evochron Legacy is one of these games and after using a combined profile it works as expected. The TrackIR is nice but not essential, even though the NAV menu etc looks cool in 3D when turning my head.

Maybe the X52 has the same option? Its been a long time since I used Saitek gear.
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Jarhead0331

Thanks for testing your gear out Cougar.

I have the X55. X52 seems to be working with most people.

How do you reconfigure your devices with directX?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2016, 05:28:26 PM

How do you reconfigure your devices with directX?

The specific CH program provides the option for their HOTAS stuff.

I had to combine the separate CH throttle & stick on Wings Over Flanders Fields too. 

Not sure if the Saitek program allows you to choose & combine different button assignments.  The reason for doing it with some of the older & indie engines is because they don't support multiple different devices, each with so many buttons, unless it's a single device.   

Doesn't the Saitek X-series HOTAS show up as a single device already?  I thought they chained through to a single USB plug?

jamus34

Well, my weekend didn't quite turn out as I hoped.

Did get some meaningful time with HOI3 - just annexed Poland and steaming on toward the low countries / France.
Insert witty comment here.

Kushan

Spent most of my weekend looking at houses so didn't get as much gaming in as I had intended. Spent most of my time playing Aurora, with a couple of hours in Elite and Prepar3D. Recorded two episodes of my Aurora Let's Play before I realized I had the in game sound settings messed up.

Finally got a chance to take my Carenado Phenom 300 out for a test flight. Got it started from a cold start and airborne. Encountered some issues while flying that resulted in my aircraft ending up in an uncontrolled death spiral. Today's lesson, don't adjust hotkeys/controls while your plane is airborne.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Kushan on January 25, 2016, 01:03:06 AM
Spent most of my weekend looking at houses so didn't get as much gaming in as I had intended. Spent most of my time playing Aurora, with a couple of hours in Elite and Prepar3D. Recorded two episodes of my Aurora Let's Play before I realized I had the in game sound settings messed up.

Finally got a chance to take my Carenado Phenom 300 out for a test flight. Got it started from a cold start and airborne. Encountered some issues while flying that resulted in my aircraft ending up in an uncontrolled death spiral. Today's lesson, don't adjust hotkeys/controls while your plane is airborne.

Sorry to hear about the aurora lets play debacle. That is really frustrating when you make a great video and then go back to check it and realize it didn't record properly. Do you have any aurora lets play videos up already or were these your first two? I've been looking for something to motivate me to learn this game for ages.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

I've been playing Deathly Ill all weekend.  The marathon continues..

Don't recall breaking stuff in the Secret Bio Weapon Facility, but the results have been the same.