Can anyone recommend a good SF RPG

Started by Boggit, January 30, 2016, 06:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

I'm thinking of a computer version of GDW's Traveller game or very similar. I had one of their games years ago on the C64 IIRC, but I'm thinking of the concept translated into something more up to date.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

The two Buck Rogers games from SSI back in the day were outstanding (Countdown to Doomsday and Matrix Cubed). Neither are available legitimately, at least that I know of. However, there is quite a demand for them over at GOG.com, especially since they released the D&D gold box games.

http://www.gog.com/forum/forgotten_realms_collection/crossing_fingers_for_buck_rogers

If they release either/both, it'll be an insta-buy for me. And I rarely insta-buy games, if ever.

Huw the Poo

Probably not really what you're after, but I have my eye on the early access title Starcrawlers.  Looks like Dungeon Master in space.

eyebiter


BanzaiCat

Quote from: eyebiter on January 30, 2016, 09:06:45 PM
Mass Effect

Ah, yes, absolutely, how could I not mention the ME series? It's an FPS at heart, though, if you like that sort of thing, Boggit. Though it has heavy RPG elements and it's a hell of an excellent storyline, from Mass Effect 1, through ME2, and even into ME3.

JasonPratt

If it comes to that, the same team did Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

chemkid

XENOSAGA I - III!!   :D

btw, the 'last' good SF RPG i played...
i even bought, chipped and re-chipped my first ps2 for this game!  :idiot2:
after XENOGEARS on the psx there never was anything else to play...

ok, sorry for OT but atm i feel a little nostalgic. thank you.

chem!