Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Haven't been on since last time you saw me. Hows the place holding up? Judging by the day nobodies been on lately, wasn't it the same day last time we were on. I'll be on sometime this weekend just cant say when.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Yea, I don't think anyone else has been on since we were last.  Everything looks good.  I was working on the tunnel heading back to the Working Stiff, but some how broke my leg.  I really need to work on making tunnels, I get a good straight shot going and then get off some how.

Made some more gun powder, scrap iron, and gravel.  If I hadn't broken my leg, I would have taken some empty bottles and tried to find the lake, but didn't want to get too far away being hobbled.  So if you log on, you'll want to make a water run.  It was about 11am when I logged off.

Jake, O and the wife have gone snowmobiling this weekend at the in-laws place, so I'll have some time.  That is when I'm not playing Distant Worlds.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

splint your leg if you havent already. Just dig toward the base icon on the compass, should keep you straight. I'll probably see you online sometime this weekend then.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Budd, forgot to tell you, I planted a couple of corn seed to the west of the sniper building.  Looks like they're starting to grow.  I'm also making repairs and replacing spikes around the plant.  I got the crate from the latest plane drop, took out several walkers.  Then I went up the hill to scout out straight west of the power plant.  Quite a few walkers that way, but I don't think they followed me.  I did get hit by a mini horde coming up the road of the working stiff though. 

And, I managed to fall and break my leg again LOL.  Damn ladders. 

Oh, and I found the lake, so I can make water runs now. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

I was on yesterday. Restocked the water and did some hunting and got hit with horde after horde. I made some more bullets tips and grabbed some material from the other mine. Looked around didn't see any big damage and i ran down 2 supply drops,  we have a rocket launcher now, but i cant make one of the parts to make the ammo until i read the casing book apparently. I explored south again, on foot, next time i take the bike, we are short on gas.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

My tunnel is about half way to the Working Stiff.  I've hit a large vein of coal, Potassium, and lead, so mining what I can.  Also, those first two corn stalks were ready so I harvested them, converted the corn to seeds and planted it, so we have about eight going now.  I plan on converting half of all harvest going forward to seed and the rest to fuel and or food.

There was a plane drop, and the crate landed in the middle of the lake!  But I did get a pig. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Dont think anyone else is using the pharmacy base, one of us could make a run there to get the fuel/barrels.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Yeah, I'm working on other games at the moment. And don't really need the fuel anyway. Besides, either the game will be wiped with Build 14, or I'd be looking to set up some kind of feasible halfway base between you and Pharmabase (or help you expand down there, whichever.) Pharmabase is just too hot right now.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Well that was an interesting session. Went out scavenging up north at dawn, got stun gliched and died. The worst part was i didnt respawn at my bag, no idea why, spawned the other side of hub city. Well F**k, time to take the long trek back. All good though i stopped by the pharmacy and picked up a few things, the building up top looks like it got ripped up pretty good. Picked up the other mini on the way back so i made good time. drove to go get my backpack with all my weapons and went back to base right at the time a massive horde hits. Well i gassed up the mini and played zombie road kill with the mini, that was fun. Hopped off the bike and went behind the walls to defend, the walls and bars hold up well. They just don't stop coming, there needs to be a cap on zombie hordes that increases as the days progress, otherwise your only choice is to run once you run out of ammo or log off. OJ i didnt get a chance to repair the walls, there's damage but no holes, the new mini needs repair after my zombie road kill session. I made some bullets tips and casings and loaded the forge with material. Think we might need another row of blocks on the walls might help keep those climbing monkey zombies out. Thought about putting spikes up top but i like to defend from the top of the wall.



Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Thanks for the update Budd.  I'm traveling all week, so not sure I'll have much time online.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

I haven't been on for quite awhile, but jumping on now.  See if I remember how to play.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Working on my solo game.  I'm currently working on mining down below a building I'm in.  How far down do you guys usually go, 10, 15, 20 blocks?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

For ore's sake it doesn't really matter in this game -- I don't mine for ore anyway, I mine for security. Ore is just a side benefit.

The better question is, how far down is safe security, and there are several factors for that. Can the Japanese spirit girls detect you regardless? What's the detection power of zombie dogs? Does cooking and/or forging create blooms through any depth? (I know they do somewhat deep, as at Budd's Pharmabase.) Do you care about whether a horde ruins your upper base over night? How much escape access do you want or need? Being deep affects how easy it is to create surface re-access points.


My impression is that most zombies can't dig, although they can accidentally damage ground blocks trying to get somewhere else. If you tic them off enough they'll go after hatches, and then you can have zombies crashing into your tunnel (maybe on top of you!) The less there is up top, the less aggravated they'll become sometimes, and the more easily you may be able to lead them away from your base entrances if they can still sense you down there (like dogs on a mole!) But then unless they go away at daylight, or calm down enough for you to go up top and zap them reasonably, you haven't gained anything.

Similarly, if you have a strong spike defense, you can troll them over that by moving around underground -- I took out a couple of horde remnants that way at Budd's Pharmabase -- but night hordes and especially sabbath hordes tend to keep coming all night regardless of how many die, and dying on defenses ticcs them off, too, although my impression is not as much as active defenses (players fighting them).

Ideally, my goal would be to have a connected set of a few small but tough accesses, able to shrug off opportunity attacks yet easily reparable, each over a tough small entry to limit enemy action against it (maybe on a raised area inside the base foyer, so that enemies won't "fall into" the hatch area and get kind of stuck there), and beneath that, a cave with two or three accesses (for escape routes in an emergency) deep enough that I can cook and forge in peace at night without making horde aggravation worse if possible. Or if that isn't possible then where I can huddle down away from sniffy things like dogs, bears, or hornets until they despawn at dawn.

If I can't get away from the sniffers no matter how deep (I truly haven't sussed out the mechanics on that), then I'd want a few tunnel lines to troll enemies away from my base hatches and outer forts; maybe with internal reinforcements in case any of them turn out to be capable of digging or get lucky while beating upper objects. (I've seen zombies, even zombie animals, beat at rocks and trees out of boredom or spite.) Ideally I wouldn't have spike sets, even for trolling enemies across, in case that just aggravates a horde, although they can be handy to get rid of horde remnants after daylight. So maybe one tunnel to troll them away from hatches at night, and another tunnel under reinforced spikes to troll them back and forth across during the next morning. (I might carry some log spikes to throw down in an emergency tunnel retreat, too.)


Skytowers are another possibility, but the physics in the game might cause them to collapse, and I'm not sure it's possible to get above their sensory range. The test tower I built north of my central Deepbase on AzTank's game, was five stories tall or maybe six, and eventually a horde found me there and beat their way in; once that happened they were somewhat slowed down trying to get up the wall ladders through hatches, but they could have beat down the lower walls in a fury and collapsed the whole thing (I came down to fight them before that happened -- and got killed). Even if I had built sky tunnels, I couldn't have trolled them away from the access point without exposing my supports to attack. I think this happened with the sky-tunnel I tried to build (twice) across Budd's west spike pit set into his outer defensive fort at Pharmabase: they attacked the supports and the thing collapsed, twice. Besides, towers are harder to make than tunnels, because even in the toughest stone you only have to dig, while to make a tower you first have to dig (for and through tough material exclusively, since dirt is useless for building things) and then make blocks and then place them. (And then maybe fill the blocks and/or otherwise upgrade them. With more material. That you have to dig and maybe refine first.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Thanks JP.  I think I'm down about 15-20 blocks now.  I'll probably make sure I'm down 20 and call it good. 

I actually got a good start.  I spawned in a forest and quickly walked out to a plains area with 5 two and three story buildings.  All had general stores on the first and apartments on the upper floors.  I've setup base on the roof of one of the buildings.  A river isn't far from me, a nuke zone to my west, and some houses to the east, with a B&N store between my base and the houses.  I also need to get back into the woods.

I went behind the counter of the building I'm in and started to dig down.  Once I'm down far enough, I'll tunnel to a center point between the 5 buildings.  There I'll setup my underground base.  From there, I'll see about tunneling to each of the other four buildings and then tunneling up for additional access points. 

It's sunrise of day 7, so need to finish getting some defenses built first.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

I go down till the dirt runs out, i usually stay right above the rock and mine when i uncover a vein. Digging through the dirt is way faster and i dont want to spend all my time sledgehammering rock.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.