Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

Tonight I'm Jamming.. maybe tomorrow or Sunday.. I also have a co-worker who has got me in a Civ V mp game, so he's bidding for my time as well.

jamus34

OK so I've been the weak link on the game myself, Frey and Millipede have been holding. Some personal stuff and then I've been sick the past week and a half. Hopefully we can get back in and finish it off
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Tuna hit me up earlier this morning about ours.  It'll be difficult for me to come back in this one.  I'll give it my best shot.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna


Freyland

Quote from: jamus34 on February 13, 2016, 11:55:18 AM
OK so I've been the weak link on the game myself, Frey and Millipede have been holding. Some personal stuff and then I've been sick the past week and a half. Hopefully we can get back in and finish it off
Civ game? What civ game? I'm in a civ game?

:P

Millipede

Quote from: Freyland on February 13, 2016, 01:23:24 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on February 13, 2016, 11:55:18 AM
OK so I've been the weak link on the game myself, Frey and Millipede have been holding. Some personal stuff and then I've been sick the past week and a half. Hopefully we can get back in and finish it off
Civ game? What civ game? I'm in a civ game?

:P
OK, I'll check in on Steam. I got sucked back into "Banished" (GOG version) and it hasn't got to the boring stage yet so I'm still having fun so just send a Steam msg. when you're ready to go.

jamus34

Quote from: Millipede on February 13, 2016, 02:15:43 PM
Quote from: Freyland on February 13, 2016, 01:23:24 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on February 13, 2016, 11:55:18 AM
OK so I've been the weak link on the game myself, Frey and Millipede have been holding. Some personal stuff and then I've been sick the past week and a half. Hopefully we can get back in and finish it off
Civ game? What civ game? I'm in a civ game?

:P
OK, I'll check in on Steam. I got sucked back into "Banished" (GOG version) and it hasn't got to the boring stage yet so I'm still having fun so just send a Steam msg. when you're ready to go.
Oh I know exactly how that is....Banished is a game you can lose 4 hours to easily and not even know what the hell happened to the time.
Insert witty comment here.

jamus34

If you guys are around I should be up for some turns tonight at some point after 9:30. Don't expect much commentary from me though as I sound like Christian Bale from The Dark Knight.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Just got done with a long session with Barthheart and Tuna.  We started all at war with Alexander, although I had been at war with him longest.  I kept asking out of the war but Alexander was demanding Eretria and I wasn't going to give it back.  My research was starting to lag and I was dead last in making money.  I finally got Steel researched which brought me the ability to make Cannons.  I immediately upgraded a double handful of old trebuchets I had and went on the offensive.  Five turns later, I had captured Thebes.  Then I saw it.  Even though Alex had war on all his borders, he had pulled together a large stack of 20 or so units.  I was pretty sure I could hold out, but, I needed to fix my economy and start building Universities and some National Wonders.  So, I agreed to give back Thebes, along with Divine Right, and bailed on that war.

That kind of left Barthheart's French in a bind.  Alexander turned that big stack around and assaulted Halicarnassus, taking the city from Louis.  In the meantime, Tuna's Americans were taking cities from Pacal on the other side of the continent from me.  Several turns after I made peace, America and France both agreed to peace with Alexander and his Ethiopian Vassal, Zara Yaqob.  The only war that left ongoing was Washington and the Mayans.

I founded two new cities, Tiflis and the other ones name escapes me at the moment.  Both took advantage of resources, Oil in Tiflis and Fish in the other.  I built enough Universities to build Oxford University and tried to upgrade some of my troops.  And just as we were getting ready to wrap up for the day, Alexander declared war on me.  Sneaky bastard!!!  Now I'm scrambling to find troops to fill his likely target.  I don't have a lot of frontline troops, but, I do have a LOT of Cannons.  Trebuchets, too.  And I'll sacrifice every single one of them to whittle that Stack O'Doom down.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

The treacherous Greek came across my border and took Samarqand and Eretria from me.  I dealt him enough damage in the assault that he had to stop to heal and regroup.  Barthheart's France jumped in to the war and almost immediately took back Halicarnassus.  Several turns later, Tuna and the Americans took Illinois at the very western edge of The Great's Empire. 

I could do nothing but furiously move obsolete troops to the front lines and pray that France and America's involvement would buy me some time to rearm, then take back what was taken from me.  Alexander's espionage machine had been rolling as well and left him open to all the information I could gather in his lands.  I saw that the vast majority of his troops had moved to counter Louis and Washington, leaving Samarqand and Eretria lightly defended.  A struck!  And recaptured both of my cities!

Barthheart has since bowed out after taking his one city.  While Tuna is facing the wrath of Alexander.  If I can return to status quo antebellum, I will gladly end this war with Alexander and Zara Yaqob.  The next session while tell.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Freyland

Quote from: jamus34 on February 13, 2016, 02:22:41 PM
If you guys are around I should be up for some turns tonight at some point after 9:30. Don't expect much commentary from me though as I sound like Christian Bale from The Dark Knight.

Uh, I clearly missed this opportunity.  Anything else coming down the pipe?

Millipede

I'm good for this afternoon/evening. Tomorrow and Wed... not so much. Tuesday looks good.

jamus34

I'm a little late here but I'm good for a round tonight.
Insert witty comment here.

Freyland

Jamus and I are good for Tuesday, 9pm EST. Work for you, Roy?

Millipede

Sounds like a plan! 9PM eastern tonight... see ya.