Main Menu

Peleliu

Started by Zulu1966, February 14, 2016, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zulu1966

I had kept up with this but fell behind.

This looks excellent.

No idea how it plays - but opening it up certainly looks good.

http://members.upc.ie/jeanette.kelly/peleliu.html

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

Looks very cool. Thanks for the heads up!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Looks nice.  I have no experience with Desert War.  At first I thought the pictures were from John Tiller.

GJK

I downloaded Desert War some time last year.  Couldn't get it to work then and can't get either it or Peleliu to work now- I can get the interface to load on Peleliu but if I go to start a new game, I make my choices and then select the one scenario that it has and then it does nothing.  Desert War won't even start.  Java version is 1.6. Are you guys having these types of issues or is yours running ok?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Jarhead0331

Yeah. I can't get it to run on win10, or in compatibility mode.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


alantaylor

Runs fine here on Win 10 and not using compatibility mode. Just copied the Peliu folders across to the main game directory of Desert War and everything works okay.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: alantaylor on February 15, 2016, 03:26:05 AM
Runs fine here on Win 10 and not using compatibility mode. Just copied the Peliu folders across to the main game directory of Desert War and everything works okay.

Why did you do that? The linked page says Peleliu is stand alone and does not require desert war. Is that incorrect?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bobarossa

The site says you can either download the standalone version or the add-on to Desert War.  I guess he did the latter.  I haven't tried installing yet but it looks interesting.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bobarossa on February 15, 2016, 09:59:18 AM
The site says you can either download the standalone version or the add-on to Desert War.  I guess he did the latter.  I haven't tried installing yet but it looks interesting.

I double checked and I downloaded the correct file...hmmmm.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

I got it running under Win 7. Didn't do much with it, but it seemed like everything was working.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

JH -

Are you running it on a notebook that has the two separate video outputs?  Such as an Nvidia card plus a regular on-board Intel HD series? 

With some games, I have to force one or the other in the Nvidia settings to get it to work.  May not be the case, here, but the black screen thing you mentioned made me wonder. 

Just a thought.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on February 15, 2016, 11:16:57 AM
JH -

Are you running it on a notebook that has the two separate video outputs?  Such as an Nvidia card plus a regular on-board Intel HD series? 

With some games, I have to force one or the other in the Nvidia settings to get it to work.  May not be the case, here, but the black screen thing you mentioned made me wonder. 

Just a thought.

Nope...on my desktop. I do have a dual monitor setup though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


TacticalWargames

I could never get Desert War working both Win 7 and Win 10.

SaintRuth

Hi, that's strange (I'm the author. I did the software for Desert War / Peleliu).

Did you download from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32329411/Peleliu.zip

Can you try and download it again? I've updated it to the latest version (and John Duquette who did the scenario has also updated the scenario).

I've it working on Windows 10 (and XP).

Are you running it in a sandbox or something? (if you are, the game won't be able to access the disk and won't be able to load the scenario file).

Thanks!
Brian

Jarhead0331

^Thanks for dropping in. I redownloaded the file from the link you supplied and I still am unable to get it to run.

Not sure what you mean by "sandbox". I'm just running it from the directory it unzips to on my desktop.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18