Main Menu

Peleliu

Started by Zulu1966, February 14, 2016, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bobarossa

Just installed to C:/ and it seems to run.  Didn't try to run a turn yet.  Have AMD Win7-64 bit

SaintRuth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 15, 2016, 05:43:57 PM
^Thanks for dropping in. I redownloaded the file from the link you supplied and I still am unable to get it to run.

Not sure what you mean by "sandbox". I'm just running it from the directory it unzips to on my desktop.
Could you do me a favour and click:
startGameWithConsole
to start the game, and then send me any errors that appear on the console?
Thanks!
Brian

Jarhead0331

#17
Quote from: SaintRuth on February 16, 2016, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 15, 2016, 05:43:57 PM
^Thanks for dropping in. I redownloaded the file from the link you supplied and I still am unable to get it to run.

Not sure what you mean by "sandbox". I'm just running it from the directory it unzips to on my desktop.
Could you do me a favour and click:
startGameWithConsole
to start the game, and then send me any errors that appear on the console?
Thanks!
Brian

I have tried this too. I don't get any errors, just a window with the old dos style C:/ prompt. I'll try again tonight when I get home and report back.

Thanks again!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

At the command prompt, enter the following:

C:/DOS
C:/DOS/RUN
RUN/DOS/RUN
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Problem was java. It was not installed on my new rig.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Boggit

It looks pretty good. Is there going to be a single player version?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

SaintRuth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2016, 08:52:09 PM
Problem was java. It was not installed on my new rig.
Ah, good to hear, thanks!
A lot of games that use java also install java itself in the game directory (e.g. Commander: Europe At War), so that problem wouldn't happen, but that also means the zip file would be 150 MB bigger so I haven't done that. It also means you can play Peleliu on a Mac or with Linux, thought that's untested so there might be a few weird font sizes etc.

SaintRuth

Quote from: Boggit on February 17, 2016, 12:13:52 AM
It looks pretty good. Is there going to be a single player version?
Yes, working on it at the moment!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SaintRuth on February 17, 2016, 05:55:24 AM
Quote from: Boggit on February 17, 2016, 12:13:52 AM
It looks pretty good. Is there going to be a single player version?
Yes, working on it at the moment!

Good to hear