Best mods for Combat Mission

Started by JudgeDredd, November 02, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Does anyone know of any good mods for

  • Shock Force (Marines, NATO, British Forces)
  • Battle for Normandy
  • Red Thunder
  • Fortress Italy

Or the best place to get them? Is there a particular website you go to?

I'd really prefer a one install program if that's possible.

Thanks
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

WallysWorld

This website has a bunch of mods for CM:  http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/. You have to register before downloading, but it's hassle free.

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

sandman2575

All of Aris's skins and other gfx improvements on the greenasjade site are a must, in my book.

Con

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 02, 2014, 08:05:34 PM
All of Aris's skins and other gfx improvements on the greenasjade site are a must, in my book.
+1

also JuJu GUI is much better as well as Veins tracers

Con

panzerde

Agree on Aris skins an JuJu's UI. Some others I use:


CMRT:
Cat's Tactical Icons - http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods?author_id=383
Kieme's HD buildings and terrain
mjkerner's Helmet Mod
JuJu's Red Thunder foxholes & sandbags
Vein's Red Thunder Germans
Vein's Russians
Aris' Effects


All of the above have corresponding mods for CMFI and CMBN, for the most part, and I use those as well.


CMSF
Grab all of Kieme's CMSF in HD mods. They completely transform the game.
Mord's US AFV Radio Chatter
Mord's Vocal Mayhem Base
Mord's Mixed Combatants
Mord's Syrian Fighters
proeffects Tracer
Ryujin HD mod
AKD Sound Mod
Bils Icons
proeffects Smoke
Veins Effects


I have a few others that I mix and match depending on the force I'm playing as. Best source for the above is the Battlefront CMSF repository.



"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Yskonyn

All my ideas have been presented here already.

Especially JuJu's stuff is great, I find.

Aris' work I am not too fond of, though. I think it makes all the vehicles look similar in that same 'scrubbed metal' look. I just don't like it.
Not to drag his tremendous amount of work down. It's just a personal preference.  O0

As far as location, indeed CMMODS or the Repository at BFC's. In between those two sites you will definately be able to find all the mods available. Some are on the one but not the other site, though.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

-budd-

Can anyone give me instructions on adding mods to red thunder. I downloaded the mods but all it says is unzip to Z folder. Made a Z folder in the data folder and unzipped there but nothing. Anyone using JSME with red thunder? I haven't been able to even locate the graphic files in the install directory or the folder in my documents, where are these files. Prefer to use JSME but I'll take any help i can get, the simpler the better.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Redirected

You will notice I didn't respond to your post and have no interest in what you have to say. Especially on this subject.
....You have made 73 posts since you joined and 72 of them have been about combat mission. -ZULU1966

IronX

Try looking in your Documents folder as some game files are located there.

panzerde

Bud - Check Documents > Battlefront > Combat Mission > Red Thunder > User Data > Mods

Put you mod files int here and they'll be used the next time you load the game.

In terms of mods, I tend to use a bunch with CMRT. Here's what I've found to be good:

       
  • Any and all of Aris' vehicle skin mods
  • Aris' CMRT Terrain Compilation
  • Aris Graphic FX Mod Compilation
  • Cat Tactical Icons CMRT (replaces default floating icons with country specific military symbols)
  • All of Juju's Red Thunder object mods (bridges, fences, etc.)
  • JorgeMC's Sound Mod
  • VM's German Wehrmacht uniform mod
  • VM's Soviet Army Summer Uniforms
  • VM's Soviet Helmets Boots and Gear

If you haven't already discovered it GreenAsJade's site tends to be better for mods than the BF repository. It's at http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/

Now, how about a game?
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

I'm reasonably sure I have all of the CMx2/3 WW2 games somewhere... apparently not on this computer, though. Probably the Surface, where I installed Italy first and then found out it doesn't run well on the Surface. (So I've probably blown that install, right?  :P )

Anyway, I'd be glad to run a game (and an AAR!) with one of them (except not Italy I guess, since I've wasted that install... sigh...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

IronX

Alas, yes. But IIRC you have four installs initially and then one per year afterwards so you may still be able to install it.

JasonPratt

Looking over my archived information, that may still be right. Phew.

My project this afternoon is to test that theory on the Presence, which I know will be able to run the games unlike the poor Surface (maxed though the Surface is.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 20, 2016, 01:32:28 PM
Looking over my archived information, that may still be right. Phew.

My project this afternoon is to test that theory on the Presence, which I know will be able to run the games unlike the poor Surface (maxed though the Surface is.)


I can run stuff like the Tiller games and Flashpoint Campaigns (i.e. chit shufflers) quite well on my Surface. The Intel graphics adapter just can't handle the 3D stuff, mostly I suspect due to it sharing video RAM with the system RAM.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

-budd-

Quote from: panzerde on February 20, 2016, 11:45:00 AM
Bud - Check Documents > Battlefront > Combat Mission > Red Thunder > User Data > Mods

Put you mod files int here and they'll be used the next time you load the game.

In terms of mods, I tend to use a bunch with CMRT. Here's what I've found to be good:

       
  • Any and all of Aris' vehicle skin mods
  • Aris' CMRT Terrain Compilation
  • Aris Graphic FX Mod Compilation
  • Cat Tactical Icons CMRT (replaces default floating icons with country specific military symbols)
  • All of Juju's Red Thunder object mods (bridges, fences, etc.)
  • JorgeMC's Sound Mod
  • VM's German Wehrmacht uniform mod
  • VM's Soviet Army Summer Uniforms
  • VM's Soviet Helmets Boots and Gear

If you haven't already discovered it GreenAsJade's site tends to be better for mods than the BF repository. It's at http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/

Now, how about a game?

The instructions in the read me said put them in the Z folder in red thunder/Data/Z folder. Probably should of played a little more first, not sure there installed or not. Should i move them to Red thunder documents mod folder?You don't have anything in the Z folder ? For the life of me i cant find where the .bmp files are stored, there not in either one of those folders. Thought they might be hidden but i checked, no dice. I was going to set up JSME for mods but i need to know where they are, they have to be somewhere...right.

I have Aris terrain and effects mods downloaded and  the bridges and fences.Going to go look for the sound mod. I'm very familiar with the site, well the old one anyway, i got all my CM 1,2,3 mods there. If i add the snow mod will it be in effect all the time or only on the right time of year? It's been pretty easy to jump into since im familiar with the early games, did they take out the LOS tool?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.