It would be a shame not to FRIDAY you again

Started by undercovergeek, February 19, 2016, 06:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arctic Blast

The Division Open Beta will be played quite a bit. And I'll dive back in to either XCom 2 or The Crew.

WallysWorld

Still spending time installing programs and games following my HDD failure. Very happy I was using Norton Ghost to back up my hard drives.

But I have time for the following:

CMRT PBEM
Company of Heroes
Men of War
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

You're welcome for the Ratt. And yes Bon Jovi is definitely better than Chevelle. Hate to side with The Commander but there you have it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

woooohooooo a whole month of Jovi Fridays are lined up

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek


Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 07:24:23 PM
set your alarm early for Fridays old man!!

I wish I'd just started the thread instead of poking you!  :tickedoff:

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 06:40:33 PM
woooohooooo a whole month of Jovi Fridays are lined up

Oh sweet baby jesus raptor, noooo!

-budd-

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 20, 2016, 06:40:33 PM
woooohooooo a whole month of Jovi Fridays are lined up

As the dude would say "this Jovi aggression will not stand"
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Raied

ARMA 3
Wargame Red Dragon
Door Kickers
CMANO

Toonces

So far all I've played is Scourge of War.  I booted up a user-created scenario on the Chancellorsville map.  As Jackson for the CS, the scenario is where Jackson went around the Union lines and attacked the exposed Union right flank.  I played it using couriers only.

For the most part it seemed like it was going ok, but a few things I can't figure out.  For example, I'll order a Division Commander to move his troops to a spot and tell him to attack enemy to his front.  He will usually do this with his infantry, but I simply could not get artillery to deploy, even when I eventually gave the artillery commanders tailored directions.  They'll move, but not unlimber and attack.  Also, sometimes not all of a division will move.

I ended up losing the scenario because it's a timed one and I exceeded the time to capture the objectives, and mostly that was because I couldn't get my artillery to provide counter-battery and supporting fires to augment my assaults.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Despite that, I always come away amazed at what an outstanding wargame this series is.  Graphics are the dog, but the gameplay is top notch, especially using couriers for orders.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

airboy

I've played a small amount of Soviet Corps.  It is polished and works like the other games in the series (Panzer Corps, Allied Corps, Afrika Corps) with the addition of Stalin looming in the background to have you shot if you fail a mission.

Mostly I've had to work.

Huw the Poo

All I've really played so far this weekend is NeonXSZ.  In terms of sheer quality of gameplay it's right up there with the best.  I can barely put it down, and that's saying something for me.

Gusington

Finally got a chance to sit down at my gaming pc now and I am still in a space-y mood. Got Elite Dangerous and Homeworld ready to go and I also just reinstalled Endless Space...I see there is a DLC available for 9.99 called Disharmony that adds fighters, enhances combat, etc. Anyone have Disharmony?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd