Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Started by Philippe, November 17, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

I guess I missed the joke: why would I shoot myself for treason if he agrees the hardcover per se is just chrome?  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

He wasn't agreeing (**I don't think**)

I read it as him asking the question (and incorrectly using exclamation marks instead of question marks) - as in "The hardcover manual is just chrome??????"

The reason I read it like that is because of what came after "If you are currently playing as Stalin, shoot yourself for treason"

I guess it's all moot now...explaining a joke removes all humour intended   :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JasonPratt

Well, even paranoids have enemies.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

-budd-

New map mod released, loaded it up and it looks great.Screenshots in the thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4019970&mpage=1&key=&#4019983

If you use JSME just unzip to the mod folder and activate, the folder structure is good to go.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

New beta patch up. Highlighted by a free setup variant for both sides. The moving of units in the free setup variant is limited to the theater they start in, but still a nice option.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4014874
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Nice!

Something odd, that I can't figure out if it's a bug or not (or has been patched out if so), is that I know Barth and I started out game with what should have been the ability to make special historical decisions that affected gameplay (and also raised and lowered our respective difficulty multipliers). But I haven't seen a hair of that yet, when I think I should have seen many (if not all) those options on turn 1.

I haven't read his thread yet, of course, since (as far as I know!  :o :P) our game isn't finished, so maybe this only applies to the Germans, and Barth simply refused to take any of the options? -- or it only applies to the Russians insofar as the Germans take any options, so since he didn't take any I don't get any chance to?  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

sandman2575

I somehow still haven't picked up DC Barbarossa, despite adoring the first two games in the series.

Think I'll have to rectify that later today. Game's been out for a bit, has gotten glowing feedback from players, and now a patch. Seems like the right time to dive in.

JasonPratt

"The best available gateway strategy game for S&M couples!" -- Grogheads
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2016, 09:56:33 AM
Nice!

Something odd, that I can't figure out if it's a bug or not (or has been patched out if so), is that I know Barth and I started out game with what should have been the ability to make special historical decisions that affected gameplay (and also raised and lowered our respective difficulty multipliers). But I haven't seen a hair of that yet, when I think I should have seen many (if not all) those options on turn 1.

I haven't read his thread yet, of course, since (as far as I know!  :o :P) our game isn't finished, so maybe this only applies to the Germans, and Barth simply refused to take any of the options? -- or it only applies to the Russians insofar as the Germans take any options, so since he didn't take any I don't get any chance to?  :-\

Yes we're still playing ... just me needing to get some prioritizing done.  :P Although we are way out of date with the patches....
Not sure what "special historical" decisions you mean though...? There are buttons to get special help in the form of extra fuel/PP/etc, is that what you mean? .... Hard to talk with your opponent without giving anything away!  :D

JasonPratt

No, I don't mean those helper superpower buttons. I'm at the office so I can't point to what I mean. Um... like, we both should have had options about how to relate to Finland. My option never activated. Yours, or one of yours, would have been the option to bring them into the war automatically, allowing them to move beyond their border (the B line), instead of waiting until you took those key coastal cities leading to Leningrad.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2016, 03:22:07 PM
No, I don't mean those helper superpower buttons. I'm at the office so I can't point to what I mean. Um... like, we both should have had options about how to relate to Finland. My option never activated. Yours, or one of yours, would have been the option to bring them into the war automatically, allowing them to move beyond their border (the B line), instead of waiting until you took those key coastal cities leading to Leningrad.

Hmmmm... truthfully I've never gotten this far into the game...  :D I not sure when/if that's supposed to happen.... I've been waiting for the Finnish decision to come up....

Rayfer

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 24, 2016, 10:02:36 AM
I somehow still haven't picked up DC Barbarossa, despite adoring the first two games in the series.

Think I'll have to rectify that later today. Game's been out for a bit, has gotten glowing feedback from players, and now a patch. Seems like the right time to dive in.

Same here....I was hoping it might have made it into the big Steam sale but it didn't. 

Philippe

It's not in the Steam sale because the game isn't on Steam yet.

I'm pretty sure Vic and Cameron want it there, and it will probably get there eventually, but given that its getting there involves a conversation between Matrix and Valve, things could take a while.

So unless Matrix suddenly has an epiphany about the relationship between supply and demand curves, your best bet is to buy from Matrix because they'll issue you a free Steam key if the migration ever occurs.

Note that buying a Matrix game from Matrix can get you a Steam key, but buying a Matrix game from Steam doesn't get you the Matrix version.  I doubt that Steam will go bust any time soon so that isn't an issue, but if someone hacks your Steam account it's nice to have a back-up as well as an incontrovertible way of proving you own the game.

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

bruce205

Hope my fellow grogheads are still playing this as I just purchased the whole shebang (love printed manuals !!)  Hope I get my moneys worth ?!!     Bruce