Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Millipede


jamus34

Just an FYI we are getting some bad weather right now (heavy winds / thunderstorms possible) so if I'm not here I've lost power and obviously will be out tonight.

*fingers crossed*
Insert witty comment here.

Freyland

Roy, I hope you are okay.  We missed you last night.
Plan is to try again at 9 pm EST. 

Millipede

Sorry, my mistake. I misread Frey's earlier post... I saw 9PM and assumed it was for Tuesday. I had other obligations last night. I'm good for tonight and Friday night while weekend availability is still undetermined.

jamus34

No problem Roy. I'll be around tonight and tomorrow but I'm not available Saturday night.
Insert witty comment here.

jamus34

Well we got another session in today however there is no joy in Mudville. After seeing extended but limited action vs Suyruman and holding my own (thanks in no small part to the other parties involved in that war) Zara and his Etheopean deathstack parks itself right outside my border and then declares war. Mind you I had something like plus 5 relations with him.

My first city held on valiantly for 4 turns but ultimately fell. My second City fell much quicker and at the conclusion of last nights  session they are marching on Rome.

It's been fun  but my inadvertent gimping put me too far behind and I fear the Kingdom is lost.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

Than's a tough way to go, jamus.  Next time, you'll have it together from the start and the bad guys won't be able to get the drop on you.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Millipede

I suspect that I'm next on the Ethiopian hit list. We're neighbors and I've cultivated good relations with them but, as Jamus learned, that doesn't mean a thing. They've started demanding money and tech from me and our relations have deteriorated to "cautious". At least I have the tech for Cavalry and Riflemen and I've taken my funds down to near zero with upgrading some of my existing troops. Oh well...

Freyland

The Vikings bought their way out of the war with the Ethiopians and Khimer, after losing two large cities to Ethiopia.  Our inability to smash the French via a maritime assault further weakened out cause.  However, as the Eye of Saur-, I mean Ethiopia turn towards others, Odin has guided the Vikings towards fresh fields, which may allow us to rebuild... and revenge.  At the same time, we have discovered the French in the oddest of places....


Its noteworthy that we were all getting pasted yesterday; most games we spend the time chatting it up, but I would say the last 45 minutes of that game we hardly said a word.

MetalDog

That happens to us quite a bit.  War has a way of focusing the mind and silencing the tongue.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Yikes.  How did Ethiopia come to be such a monster in your guys' game? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Almost every game I have ever had Zara Yaqob on the board, that Ethiopian has spammed cities like nobodys business!  It usually means there is a period where he is behind in tech, but, once he catches up, it's game over, player you!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Freyland

Gents, my wife insists that I work on wallpaper tonight. I might escape at 11 pm est if both of you are still around. 

Millipede

Okay, I'll check in at ~8PM in the civilized part of the planet... ;D