Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

when do they start work, because Ive been waiting for hours?

Tamas

Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 04:07:12 AM
when do they start work, because Ive been waiting for hours?

We usually release games in the early afternoon, UK time. ;)

gameleaper

ok, thx! I will have a cuppa while I wait.



undercovergeek

did they use Tigers on the Hunt for the title because Tigers = sexy

i ask because of the 6 screenshots surely set up to tempt my wallet, there are no tigers

gameleaper

WooooHooo my money is in your pocket BJ, and I am playing my fav game with a PC - things just don't get any better.

I advise you guys on the fence to buy now, because Ive seen game prices rise after a week because the current price is a launch discounted price.

every old ASLer and SLer player will be buying this game, and I am sure as sure ASL is the best boardgame ever created, so it stands to reason this game will be a good game too. Ive just tested it on tut1 and after trying to move an exit point I found scroll and found all the units lower down the map , HeHa :) I realy was stumped for a minite .

BJ thankyou.

BlackJaguar

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 25, 2016, 10:08:34 AM
did they use Tigers on the Hunt for the title because Tigers = sexy

i ask because of the 6 screenshots surely set up to tempt my wallet, there are no tigers

I chose the title "Tigers on the Hunt" because I think it's easy to remember and yes I like the Tiger tank, the other name that I was considering was "Stugs on the Hunt" as I also like SutG III Assault Gun/TD. I thought Tiger was more catchy.


Barthheart

$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:( 

Sir Slash

Oh Boy! Can't wait for the Opinion-nating to begin. This should be better than Pay-Per-View.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(


If it makes you feel any better, $49.99 US is simply too rich for my blood for this one.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

gameleaper

Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Barthheart

Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Not really complaining about the price of the game just the conversion to Canadian dollars that really sucks....  :(

gameleaper

#148
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 11:14:15 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 25, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
$73 CDN.... frickin dollar....  >:(

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Not really complaining about the price of the game just the conversion to Canadian dollars that really sucks....  :(

hehe I thought you lived in a high inflation zone and 73$ was the same value as us50$ :) I didn't realise you pay for coversion, my bank zaps me for buying off humblebundle(incidently they at the moment all the pathfinder rpg books on the weekly bundle)

panzerde

Quote from: gameleaper on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 AM

I think its worth it, because I play ASL over and over and TotH plays just like ASL, and I program games and can see what BJ has put into this game. and its the same price as  "Brother Against Brother" and a couple of dollars more than a few others,

Id say this matrix flag game to be, this is why I love matrix you just cant get games like TotH or WitPAE or Brother Against Brother or a few others at many places unless we are willing to pay for them they will disappear into xbox shooter games :(

Note that I didn't say that this game isn't worth $50. I said that $50 is too rich for my blood for this title. I'm not an ASL fan. I don't commonly play ASL and squad scale games are pretty far down on my list. I don't care for the graphics and I don't buy the argument that I can "just mod it" as if that absolves the developer from providing better than 1990's graphics. It uses a system that prohibits PBEM play, and most of my computer gaming these days is PBEM That means, for me, that I am unlikely to get $50 worth of game play out of this title. If it goes on sale later for $30, it might cross the threshold for me and I'd buy it.

You're an ASL fan and you've been excited about this forever. I get that, to you, this is worth $50 or even more. You'll probably play this as much as I'm playing some other games right now and will enjoy the hell out of it. There's definitely an audience for this game and I'm sure that Matrix will sell plenty of games at this price.

Just because someone doesn't see personal value in a particular game doesn't mean that they're wrong for not liking it and it isn't a personal criticism of another's choice. Equally, if I don't see the value in the game for me personally, I have no business trying to convince someone else that they shouldn't like it. And in a nutshell, that's why I habitually avoid all Combat Mission game threads anymore.  :)
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres