Main Menu

Age Of Gladiators

Started by Nefaro, February 27, 2016, 03:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

"Joey?  Do you like movies about gladiators?"    :))


A new roster management style text sim came out recently.  This one doesn't look too bad, although I'm not sure how much depth it has in the RPG customization bit.  Still.. looks more promising than that other attempt by a different dev.

Anyone check it out yet?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442500




gameleaper

Quote from: Nefaro on February 27, 2016, 03:22:08 PM
"Joey?  Do you like movies about gladiators?"    :))


A new roster management style text sim came out recently.  This one doesn't look too bad, although I'm not sure how much depth it has in the RPG customization bit.  Still.. looks more promising than that other attempt by a different dev.

Anyone check it out yet?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442500





I wont buy it on steam, but if gog had it I would,

Steelgrave

At ten bucks and with good reviews, I bought it immediately and I'm about to dive into it. Steelie does like gladiator movies (ahem....don't assume anything from that, fellas). And hopefully gladiator games.

Gusington

I still remember the gladiator battles from Centurion: Defender of Rome fondly.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Well I don't know anything about foldling Gladiators, but this game looks good to me too. Anybody played it yet?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

#5
Quote from: Sir Slash on February 27, 2016, 05:13:13 PM
Well I don't know anything about foldling Gladiators, but this game looks good to me too. Anybody played it yet?


I'll probably pick it up in the near future.  Just grabbed Atlantic Fleet, and having fun with that, so it will have to wait.  Briefly.  >:D


Judging from the vid, it looks like the weak spot is in the combat text side.  Not really any extra fluff there, even in the turn-by-turn descriptions.  Not sure how much I'd read battles with more expansive narration, but I'd think that it would add to the suspense with more effort there.  The rest of it looks very sport sim roster management style, which is the main draw for me.  :)

kludger

Looks interesting, some of the reviews mention it's not very deep, so waiting to hear more impressions.