Main Menu

Tigers on the Hunt

Started by BlackJaguar, December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Thomasew on February 28, 2016, 01:39:32 AM
Hi,

I haven't spent enough time with the game, .. to fully comment on your findings.  ???

However, ..

QuoteAnd there doesn't seem to be any way to expand the counter stacks (as in VASL), so you have to click the map to see what is in the hex, and get a sea of white text. They might have had different colour fonts to show at a glance who is broken, but they don't, and if you have stacked units, you can't see what is underneath, so you have to click each hex and try to remember where your broken guys are. I admit to not reading the manual thoroughly so perhaps this is addressed - but if so, it is not intuitive either.

Right-Clicking on a hex, .. opens a window that displays all units, and their status, (see pic) ..  in the hex.  :)

Page 21 of the manual, .. however, I found it without having read the manual, .. just by right-clicking on a hex .. so, that's kinda intuitive.  :)


Cheers
Tom

Thanks for this - looks like you have to right click, and hold down. Thanks for the info. So after showing you what's in the hex, if you want to do anything with those units, you have to let go of the right mouse button, then left click, then click in the little menu. Then right click on where you want to move/fire.

gameleaper

the JMass TotH VASL ASL mod on the matrix forums (its in the mods and scenarios section,Im recommending this mod over the ASL mod, because the AFV have the movement points on the chits) - you need to download and install . the numbers on the units are real game numbers, you can load a map with a tank and you will see its correct combat values.

the SL mod combat values are not SL there changed to Letters eg A-H. and moral are stars

even if the game had no A.I. it would be worth it to play ASL with enforced rules, the popup messages are like a friend teaching you ASL.

if you have played ASL , and loved it buy this game at 10 times the price 

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: gameleaper on February 28, 2016, 10:15:59 AM
the JMass TotH VASL ASL mod on the matrix forums (its in the mods and scenarios section,Im recommending this mod over the ASL mod, because the AFV have the movement points on the chits) - you need to download and install . the numbers on the units are real game numbers, you can load a map with a tank and you will see its correct combat values.

the SL mod combat values are not SL there changed to Letters eg A-H. and moral are stars

even if the game had no A.I. it would be worth it to play ASL with enforced rules, the popup messages are like a friend teaching you ASL.

if you have played ASL , and loved it buy this game at 10 times the price

I do like this, thanks.

The link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4031833

Richie61

On thing that seems to be over looked is that TotH may bring PC gamer's to ASL board games and the enjoyment of pushing cardboard counters around face to face with a human  :)

Still think Squad Leader and Cross of Iron were the best titles  O0
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

gameleaper

#199
I have SL but I never played it as I got ASL soon after, PS: I like your SL mod, but as a second mod - I like to pop it in now and then

Ed could you add your Leg unit in the ASL mod to JMass VASL mod AFVs and terrain? I like your counters better but I want the vehicle Move points on the chit.

gameleaper

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on February 28, 2016, 10:39:37 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 28, 2016, 10:15:59 AM
the JMass TotH VASL ASL mod on the matrix forums (its in the mods and scenarios section,Im recommending this mod over the ASL mod, because the AFV have the movement points on the chits) - you need to download and install . the numbers on the units are real game numbers, you can load a map with a tank and you will see its correct combat values.

the SL mod combat values are not SL there changed to Letters eg A-H. and moral are stars

even if the game had no A.I. it would be worth it to play ASL with enforced rules, the popup messages are like a friend teaching you ASL.

if you have played ASL , and loved it buy this game at 10 times the price

I do like this, thanks.

The link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4031833

thx for getting the link.

Richie61

Quote from: gameleaper on February 28, 2016, 02:34:05 PM
I have SL but I never played it as I got ASL soon after

Ed could you add your Leg unit in the ASL mod to JMass VASL mod AFVs and terrain? I like your counters better but I want the vehicle Move points on the chit.

Squad Leader was a squad based game. The scenarios were mostly infantry combat with a few support vehicles added in. Cross of Iron revised the vehicle rules. Even Mr. Hill saw were SL was going and
quit the series.

Don't take this wrong, but I am not interested in doing a mix of my mod and JMass's. You can do it really easy. Get say Paint.net. Open both files. Copy his stuff and "paste" into my SL sheet. About a 2 minute job.  :)

I am not really that good. I am a very basic graphic guy. I am 100% self learned about 3 years ago. I just work hard at it and don't quit till I get it to what I want it to look like.
I wanted top downs in Squad Battles, so I built stuff like this for it.


When I couldn't find what I needed, I found blueprints and made it.


With TotH you can do whatever you like.



You can do!  O0

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

gameleaper

that's ok Ed, I was hopeing I would not have to install a new graphics app, but I will do it in time.

the mods your doing looks great, top-down squad battles is super cool.

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: gameleaper on February 28, 2016, 03:03:48 PM
that's ok Ed, I was hopeing I would not have to install a new graphics app, but I will do it in time.

the mods your doing looks great, top-down squad battles is super cool.

I like your work also; nice job on the silhouettes, etc. Very nice.

Richie61

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on February 28, 2016, 03:15:56 PM
Quote from: gameleaper on February 28, 2016, 03:03:48 PM
that's ok Ed, I was hopeing I would not have to install a new graphics app, but I will do it in time.

the mods your doing looks great, top-down squad battles is super cool.

I like your work also; nice job on the silhouettes, etc. Very nice.

Thanks. I have followed your work for years  O0

I changed more than unit images too. I also did new firing effects  :)
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Cyrano

Forgive the micro-hijack but, Richie, who's SB terrain is that?

Thanks!

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Richie61

Quote from: Cyrano on February 28, 2016, 05:33:34 PM
Forgive the micro-hijack but, Richie, who's SB terrain is that?

Thanks!

Jim

Jim,

I would say it's mine or maybe my buddies. Him and I have LOTS of mods and files that have never seen the light of day. We change terrain with Jones to match the scenarios he built for us to play.
French FCM 36  :D



Ed

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

IronX


Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"