Modern Korea War Game?

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 28, 2016, 11:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

I have always been intrigued by this type of conflict and was wondering if anybody had any knowledge of available games.  I know HPS has Korea '85 and I believe Raging Toger by Prosim, but not sure if either would scratch my itch.  I am guessing there might be some scenarios for Art of War or other games, but was really looking for a stand alone if it existed.

I am guessing my options are limited, but thought I would ask anyway....


RyanE

Command also has several scenarios around a Korean War...in various modern time periods IIRC.

FC

As you say there are some TOAW scenarios out there that imagine a 2nd Korean War

http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenarii/browse_scenario.php

Post Cold War > Hypothetical > Asia > Korea

There's some alternate scenarios for Korea '85 that might make it more interesting.

http://volcanomods.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=25&Itemid=27
http://volcanomods.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=19&Itemid=27

Plus Eugen system cover the imaginary conflict in Wargame - Red Dragon free dlc

http://www.wargame-rd.com/en/news/318-wargame-red-dragon-expands-its-conquest-with-a-new-free-dlc-the-second-korean-war.html

jomni

Command? Oops already mentioned.

Cyrano

Were I so inclined, I'd likely play Next War on Vassal...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Skoop

You could take it to a sim level and fly one of the BMS Korea campaigns.  The most touted dynamic campaign in flight sim history, check out if you haven't already.  Every grog should experience the falcon campaign atleast once.

Grim.Reaper

Thanks for all the information everyone....unfortunately nothing fully standing out for me, but that is what I thought....fairly limited options on this subject matter.

jomni

Quote from: Skoop on February 29, 2016, 07:51:50 PM
You could take it to a sim level and fly one of the BMS Korea campaigns.  The most touted dynamic campaign in flight sim history, check out if you haven't already.  Every grog should experience the falcon campaign atleast once.

I always die (take off then get BVR'ed)... high casualty rates. Total chaos.

Boggit

There is also Theatre of War 3: Korea. I have it but haven't played it much. IIRC, Jarhead did an article/review on it a while back.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GJK

I'd +3 Next War: Korea.  I just recently received the Taiwan version and while I've only gone through the rules a couple of times and have yet to play, I can see the depth and level of detail that the series has.  Very popular on the Geek as well.  I also have Breaking the Chains on the way and it looks to cover that region but more on a naval/air asset level if that's what interests you most.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

mirth

Breaking the Chains is an interesting game. I've played it 3 times. It is not for the faint of heart :P

I have all 3 games in the Next War series. Haven't played Taiwan yet, but I did play one of the tutorial scenarios for Next War: India-Pakistan last night. Judging by that experience, it is an outstanding series. I'll be pre-ordering Next War: Poland.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus