Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlickJax

28/04 cannot come quick enough

Zulu1966

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 29, 2016, 12:18:35 PM
i need to borrow someones moisture - i have expelled all mine



Two things.

Still seems way too fast.
Flanking, which I know was added as part of making the AI better now seems to have reached ridiculous proportions. It's almost not worth setting up a battle line as invariably you have to move almost everything to the right or left to counter it. Flanking is obviously a tactic but it's now so predictable it's become as useless as the mad rush forward. It should have more variability and nuanced use.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

undercovergeek

released 13:00

speed mod 13:01

happens every time

jomni

Quote from: Zulu1966 on March 01, 2016, 05:51:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 29, 2016, 12:18:35 PM
i need to borrow someones moisture - i have expelled all mine



Two things.

Still seems way too fast.
Flanking, which I know was added as part of making the AI better now seems to have reached ridiculous proportions. It's almost not worth setting up a battle line as invariably you have to move almost everything to the right or left to counter it. Flanking is obviously a tactic but it's now so predictable it's become as useless as the mad rush forward. It should have more variability and nuanced use.

I got dizzy.  Too fast frames per second and the player keeps panning around.  I also don't like the arrow effects.  I guess it will get better when released.

FlickJax

Quote from: jomni on March 01, 2016, 07:31:51 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on March 01, 2016, 05:51:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 29, 2016, 12:18:35 PM
i need to borrow someones moisture - i have expelled all mine



Two things.

Still seems way too fast.
Flanking, which I know was added as part of making the AI better now seems to have reached ridiculous proportions. It's almost not worth setting up a battle line as invariably you have to move almost everything to the right or left to counter it. Flanking is obviously a tactic but it's now so predictable it's become as useless as the mad rush forward. It should have more variability and nuanced use.

I got dizzy.  Too fast frames per second and the player keeps panning around.  I also don't like the arrow effects.  I guess it will get better when released.


Arrow effects can be switched off, I think when you have magic and flying creatures/large creatures involved you are not going to get traditional battleline struggles and the battles are bound to ebb and flow more.

Zulu1966

Quote from: FlickJax on March 01, 2016, 08:11:52 AM
Quote from: jomni on March 01, 2016, 07:31:51 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on March 01, 2016, 05:51:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 29, 2016, 12:18:35 PM
i need to borrow someones moisture - i have expelled all mine



Two things.

Still seems way too fast.
Flanking, which I know was added as part of making the AI better now seems to have reached ridiculous proportions. It's almost not worth setting up a battle line as invariably you have to move almost everything to the right or left to counter it. Flanking is obviously a tactic but it's now so predictable it's become as useless as the mad rush forward. It should have more variability and nuanced use.

I got dizzy.  Too fast frames per second and the player keeps panning around.  I also don't like the arrow effects.  I guess it will get better when released.


Arrow effects can be switched off, I think when you have magic and flying creatures/large creatures involved you are not going to get traditional battleline struggles and the battles are bound to ebb and flow more.

Well, wasn't just what I saw in the video, been apparent in the last couple of games. As I say, it's great they did something to try and make the ai a bit more difficult but it went too far and now it seems the only ai tactic is to divide it's army in two and send each half streaming towards each flank, which of course in real life would have spelled disaster without something in the centre.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Zulu1966

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 06:03:01 AM
released 13:00

speed mod 13:01

happens every time

Yes accepted. But it still puzzles the hell out of me why when that and other realism mods are the first mods that get made why they release the games as they do.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

undercovergeek

because the pimply 14 year old wantz the action straight awayz - no time to wait those extra 8 seconds

i point to the 'stop wasting my time' mod for xcom 2 - cuts down the few seconds you have to wait for some combat results  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Freyland

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2016, 02:32:46 PM
because the pimply 14 year old wantz the action straight awayz - no time to wait those extra 8 seconds

i point to the 'stop wasting my time' mod for xcom 2 - cuts down the few seconds you have to wait for some combat results  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:
Hey, now!  I'm starting to seriously consider that mod, and both my pimple count and scalp hair count are woefully low.

undercovergeek

so you can get a masters degree with all the time saved?  :P

Freyland

In reality, there really are too many immersion-breaking pauses that are not fluid enough.  It's almost like the game needs to reset the pieces before it can show you whatever it is it wants you to see.  As far as wanting a TW game to run super fast... pass until modded.  I'm a slow poke these days.  I remember during the Shogun 2 FotS tutorial, I was looking at some other aspect of my troop formation and in that short time an entire flank had already engaged and eliminated a unit of probing calvary.  Never saw any of it happen, didn't even appreciate a notification that someone was under attack.

undercovergeek

theres always a speed mod in a day or two

FlickJax

I really don't get the total war hate....you guys are just spoilt.....so there!!!

Gusington

Ah must be TW release season. The angst and fevered hatred is in the air. Smell it!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

You can just skip the Hate if you wait a few months for them to patch a new TW.

But I'm stuck in a Love/Hate relationship with it.  So I will probably get it early and complain about the bugs I will inevitably experience, until that time has passed. ;)