Atlantic Fleet coming to Steam

Started by IronX, February 24, 2016, 01:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

Word of mouth and sensible pricing actually do make a difference.

Given the enthusiasm in general for this game, and the low price point, buying this was a no-brainer.  Installing now!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

glen55

Quote from: Toonces on March 05, 2016, 03:31:53 PM
Word of mouth and sensible pricing actually do make a difference.

Given the enthusiasm in general for this game, and the low price point, buying this was a no-brainer.  Installing now!

Ditto.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Cyrano on March 05, 2016, 02:50:18 PM
Stunned how good this is for so little.

Want MP rather badly now...

It's good as far as it goes.  You can think of lots of things to fix or add (rate of fire for example, US DDs and cruisers, MP), but for what it does it is a gem.

FlickJax

Love the battles pace wise, larger start ranges would be nice and a strategic layer would be bloody marvellous:)

Gusington

I thought there is a strategic layer...no?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#81
Quote from: Gusington on March 07, 2016, 05:48:03 PM
I thought there is a strategic layer...no?

There certainly is.  Called "Battle Of The Atlantic".  There are two types of campaigns, and this is the one where you move, plan & purchase on the campaign map.

It also has a +20% start range option on the Options screen (with a few other extras) although I've not tried it out to see if it hits the sweet spot.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

Of course I'm Cato the Elder on this point, but, until it has MP, its true merits will not be tested and revealed...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

FlickJax

Quote from: Nefaro on March 07, 2016, 09:55:05 PM
Quote from: Gusington on March 07, 2016, 05:48:03 PM
I thought there is a strategic layer...no?

There certainly is.  Called "Battle Of The Atlantic".  There are two types of campaigns, and this is the one where you move, plan & purchase on the campaign map.

It also has a +20% start range option on the Options screen (with a few other extras) although I've not tried it out to see if it hits the sweet spot.

oops not tried that yet, sorry Gus

glen55

I really love the gunnery duels, but so far the ASW (since I've been playing the RN, I've only fought against subs and not with one so far) warfare is undistinguished.

I almost always have the sub spotted on the first turn.  Always at periscope depth.

It just sits there (or maybe moves slowly, I can't tell) at periscope depth until you hit it or nearly hit it with gunnery.  Then it dives.

It will almost always fire torpedos right away and hit my biggest ship, which has no chance to escape, even if it hits all back and hard over on the first turn.  It never misses with a down the throat torpedo shot.

Upshot is I don't really the missions that involve subs, and I think this part needs some work.

But ship to ship combat is really great.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

No problem FJ, I thought I read that it had that strategy component above.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

I really like the game as well.  However, it's not perfect. 

Getting a freeze now and then. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

FlickJax

still havent touched the proper campaign  ::) but am still loving the battles some last ages. Not sure about how some of the enemy ships seem to go straight into reverse some times though!!

Barthheart

Quote from: FlickJax on March 09, 2016, 08:24:38 AM
still havent touched the proper campaign  ::) but am still loving the battles some last ages. Not sure about how some of the enemy ships seem to go straight into reverse some times though!!

That usually only occurs if they collide/about to collide... However MY ships won't do that and some fairly interesting damage can result from collisions.....  :tickedoff: