Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

This is reasonable; Budd was lucky the dirt went down relatively far at Pharmabase.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Man, OJ, I don't think gold actually exists in the game, but you struck better than gold with that placement! Find somewhere safe to throw a sleeping bag, quick!

Has anyone got a clear idea what the 'win' condition is supposed to be, or if there even is one? I suspect you're supposed to build a scooter and gas and metal armor with enough cooling and radiation protection to get outside the nuclear map edge, but I haven't been able to confirm it yet. The single-player description talks about learning what happened and why.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Yep, about the first thing I did when I realized what I had was make a sleeping bag and got it laid down.

Doing my single player game, I'm learning a lot.  I'm kind of looking forward to when the server has to be reset (sounds like it will with the updates planned on release 14).  I'm getting better with a bow and crossbow.  Yes, I'm on the easiest setting at the moment.  I'll probably do this game for a month or two then keep up the difficulty.  But right now on the current server game, I fell over whelmed without having some of the advanced skills at the moment.  Hoping to get a mini bike in my single player game so I can learn how to operate that better.  Don't want to use the one in the multiplayer game and the few times I tried I trashed them within a few seconds :)

Jake was playing around yesterday in creative mode on his single player game.  He setup a bunch of oil drums in two rows and tried to get them to blow up.  They wouldn't, until he got some exploding crossbow bolts.  Even then though, it was only one at a time.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Yea i'm kinda waiting for 14 to drop before i jump back in. I actually expected it before now.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I almost feel that after a certain point, it's almost too easy.  No challenge.  Probably not quite right with what I'm trying to say, but I think you guys get it. 

I used to play single player in the original Star Craft, taking on 7 AI opponents.  Lost a lot more than I won, but it was the challenge. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Wandering out at night is still a bit of a challenge, if you want some challenge play with running zombies :D. then wandering too far out and not making it back by dark will be a challenge. My frustration is with the never ending horde spawning, its either run or disconnect to have it stop. Don't mind really large hordes but there's got to be an end just for ammo making sake. One of my favorites ways to play is no base building, you just wander the map using forges you find or build but you keep moving, no chest to store things only have what you can carry. I still have a goal of uncovering the whole map, this last go around was the most map i've uncovered so far, of course this is probably the longest between updates.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on March 15, 2016, 04:00:31 PM
I almost feel that after a certain point, it's almost too easy.  No challenge.  Probably not quite right with what I'm trying to say, but I think you guys get it. 

I used to play single player in the original Star Craft, taking on 7 AI opponents.  Lost a lot more than I won, but it was the challenge.

Happy to turn on running zombies if that will help get the blood pumping....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

I like zombies running at night. I love the tension it adds when your hide depends on paying proper attention of your hide...cause you can't just log roll your way out of danger when you F it up and they bash their way into fort knox.

-budd-

The reason i have a problem with the running zombies is that the feral ones zero in on you no matter how quiet you are. I like to range around at night but with the feral zombies its mostly a death sentence when they can run. Plus i think they run too fast, hope they make the speed adjustable in the future. your right though when they run it does add a certain tension, it just needs some balance.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

Pretty sure feral zombies only appear as part of a 7-day horde.

JasonPratt

Late in the game ferals come out at night more randomly. So when Budd is going out at night to jacklight zombies, this becomes a problem.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

According to the official wiki "The Feral Zombie is usually found in Day 7 hordes and sometimes in wasteland cities"

I've yet to see one randomly spawn.

http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Feral_Zombie

-budd-

The 7 day thing didnt hold as the days went by, especially when we got up past 200. Also the normal hordes seemed to be able to sense you more as the days past.The ferals aren't really that bad once you level up your weapons, the dogs are still the major danger. The ferals and the screamers are a different story, especially if your going to defend in place, they just keep coming. Of  course if they run it would be a different story, which i'm fine with but early on you will be stuck in hidey holes every night. Looking forward to jumping back in when 14 releases, a bunch of new POI's should be in.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

With zombies set to run at night leaving the hide becomes a calculated risk. It is still possible, however, you must be ready to deal with any zombies in the area, including a safe ingress back into the hide for you alone. Doors aren't much good for this, except possibly to delay while you reach your safe place.

Early game with running zombies isn't much harder. Any POI will do once the local Z population has been culled. I typically build a small hide up near the ceiling where I can't be reached in case I am detected. While it may not be safe to scavenge outside while dark I usually keep busy with fort building/crafting/mining until the sun comes up.

Normal node (Nomad) in 7DTD = zombies walk during day & run @ night. So it's not like we are talking about one of the difficult modes. I'll participate regardless. I'm just making a case for what I consider to be the more fun way to play.

-budd-

I'm good with them running at night or all the time. there really isnt much danger when they walk, you can always out run them and your pretty safe underground. You could play it safe and really not be in much danger of dying when they walk only except for the random horde or dog death.Wish they would have a setting when they only ran when they were locked onto you, there should be a setting between walk and run all the time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.