Napoleon - Victory And Glory

Started by tgb, February 28, 2016, 10:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

I couldn't find the other thread, but in the meantime all of the tutorials are up.

I haven't watched them yet, but I'm sure they'll tell you more about the game than I'm allowed to

gameleaper

I already watched the tactical battles tutorial at matrix, it was far better than I thought, it made the game seem like a good one to watch

Grim.Reaper

Here was the other the thread you were looking for...

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15091.0

It will be interesting to see how this game turns out...

FC

Hannibal:Rome & Carthage In The 2nd Punic War was a gem of a game. Hopefully this will reach the same standard. 

Rayfer

Quote from: gameleaper on February 28, 2016, 03:09:26 PM
I already watched the tactical battles tutorial at matrix, it was far better than I thought, it made the game seem like a good one to watch

I enjoyed the battle video as well, and this may turn out being a really good game.  But the main map, in my opinion, is quite ugly to look at.  I hope they reconsider this aspect of the game.

Zonso

Yes I am really looking forward to this. Hannibal really was an unique and challenging game that didn't seem to take off, and I am hoping this is of the same caliber. Agree on the drabness of the map from the screenshots, perhaps it looks better in-game? From reading the Slitherine forum, the devs are looking into MP and making the Allied side playable as well which would help popularity and longevity I think.

Hofstadter

Well the steam page is up for it. And the release is in 24 hours, hopefully it wont be too expensive
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Grim.Reaper

Not sure about this one myself yet...but will be keeping an eye if it gets a lot of good feedback....as to price, I will make the guess of somewhere between $39-$49, but I have no clue:)

bboyer66

It is out now.    http://store.steampowered.com/app/443020/

Now I am waiting on the board game version

Steelgrave

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 16, 2016, 07:02:07 PM
Not sure about this one myself yet...but will be keeping an eye if it gets a lot of good feedback....as to price, I will make the guess of somewhere between $39-$49, but I have no clue:)

Currently $26.99

That's a nice surprise.

Rayfer

Sorry for a negative comment on what could well be a very good game, but...did they do anything to improve the look of the map?

bboyer66

No

It's not the best map I have ever seen, not the worse by any measure either.  The map looks exactly like the one in the boardgame Napoleon in Europe, which received much praise.




Pete Dero


bboyer66

Played a few turns and quite enjoyed it.

The AI is not passive. The British landed a large force in Denmark (while I was attacking Austria), and when I shifted Napoleons army to intercept them (after defeating Austria) as they moved South. The British evacuated their army be sea back to England. A few turns later they landed in Toulon.  On my behalf I wasn't really focusing on the naval aspects of the game.


Hofstadter

Not sure if ill get this one. Doesnt seem to offer a lot of gameplay options, which is fair considering its basically a board game
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"