Main Menu

FRIDAYstruck

Started by JudgeDredd, March 18, 2016, 04:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Boggit

PzC: Sicily with me as Brits and Panzerde as Yanks racing to Messina vs Cyrano (as the Axis)
Bloodbath Gallipoli aka Squad Battles: First World War Gallipoli campaign playing Cyrano
Pike and Shot Battle of Edgehill with Sauron
Field of Glory Ancients with IanC - continuing our Great Northern War with Ian as Swedes and me as the Danes, also Ian's fielding North African Vandal against my early Slavs.
Maybe get some single player CM, SB:SCW, and perhaps some AGEOD stuff done too if I get time (unlikely).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Moreb

Funny. The above poster has a quote from Huxley who befriended Dr. Hoffman after the former became very interested in hallucinogenics. They formed a friendship that lasted until Huxley died of throat cancer.

tac. Yeah, it wasnt known outside the laboratory until after the war. It was used later on shell shocked soldiers producing varied results. Must have been Korean vets I guess. I remember seeing footage some years ago.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Arctic Blast

Hosting a game's night tomorrow. I've got 4 different kinds of bourbon, bitters, two kinds of moonshine, 30-odd beers, and enough chips, pretzels, ju jubes, chicken wings and sandwich fixings to feed a small nation. Oh, and games...we might get to those.  ;D

JudgeDredd

I have to be honest - I had to Google jujubes!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Raied

I got two games and have to try them at least...
Victory & Glory: Napoleon
Assault on Arnhem

Oh and I got free key of Order of Battle: Pacific from wargamer.com (super thanks to them) :D

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on March 18, 2016, 05:30:21 PM

I've been doing a lot of naval warfare at work, and it's got me in that total mood to blow things up on my off time after talking about it all day.   :buck2:

Imagine that....naval warfare work in the navy. Who woulda thunk?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 19, 2016, 01:05:53 AM
Hosting a game's night tomorrow. I've got 4 different kinds of bourbon, bitters, two kinds of moonshine, 30-odd beers, and enough chips, pretzels, ju jubes, chicken wings and sandwich fixings to feed a small nation. Oh, and games...we might get to those.  ;D

Hot damn, that sounds like so much fun.  I don't think you're that far from me, can I come over?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2016, 06:37:15 AM


Imagine that....naval warfare work in the navy. Who woulda thunk?

LOL.  I know what you mean!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Arctic Blast for President!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I bet Artic's Game Nights are the best attended Game Nights on the Continent. Any Continent.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 19, 2016, 01:05:53 AM
Hosting a game's night tomorrow. I've got 4 different kinds of bourbon, bitters, two kinds of moonshine, 30-odd beers, and enough chips, pretzels, ju jubes, chicken wings and sandwich fixings to feed a small nation. Oh, and games...we might get to those.  ;D
Sounds great. When do you want me round! ^-^ ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jamus34

Not a whole lot of gaming going on next two weekends due to family obligations, however I have spent quality time with Factorio, and had a killer night Friday playing Heroes of the Storm with my cousin. Going to try to get some more time in today with Factorio, Stardew Valley and if I can get more than an hour block I might continue my WitP education.
Insert witty comment here.

Boggit

Quote from: jamus34 on March 20, 2016, 05:38:52 AM
Not a whole lot of gaming going on next two weekends due to family obligations, however I have spent quality time with Factorio, and had a killer night Friday playing Heroes of the Storm with my cousin. Going to try to get some more time in today with Factorio, Stardew Valley and if I can get more than an hour block I might continue my WitP education.
What did you think of Factorio? It was on my Steam queue last week IIRC.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jamus34

Loving it so far; even if I'm really not that good at it.

A good portion of the challenge lies in setting up effective and efficient production systems.

There is some survival aspects to it but there are apparently mods that allow you to completely turn it off. Currently I'm playing it vanilla and I started a new game turning off aggressive wildlife as I'm not good enough to build enough defenses for the constant attacks while also continuing to build my lines.
Insert witty comment here.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 19, 2016, 10:07:22 PM
I bet Artic's Game Nights are the best attended Game Nights on the Continent. Any Continent.

HA! 5 other people, actually, with 2 last minute cancellations. I've got limited space, so gatherings need to be limited. Otherwise, I'd REALLY throw down.  ;D