Is there something wrong with me?

Started by Jarhead0331, March 16, 2016, 09:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

#15
Quote from: Windigo on March 17, 2016, 10:38:40 AM
JH,
when your baby girl gets to be about 12-14, watch "The Fault In Our Stars" together. You'll cry for the death and you'll cry because your baby girl is growing up.

I use this one in my public speaking classes, and it chokes up the whole room every time

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 17, 2016, 10:45:56 AM
Quote from: Windigo on March 17, 2016, 10:38:40 AM
JH,
when your baby girl gets to be about 12-14, watch "The Fault In Our Stars" together. You'll cry for the death and you'll cry because your baby girl is growing up.

I use this one in my public speaking classes, and I chokes up the whole room every time



Me AND my daughter literally balled our eyes out during this scene when we watched this movie together  :-
[ very moving speech  :smitten:  nice to know all you guys have big mushy hearts , I'd say there ain't nothin wrong with that !!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

DoctorQuest

I got choked up watching the last NCIS. They ended the episode with some wounded warriors doing "Hallelujah".

(My wife reminded me that was the song that was playing when Mark Harmon's character on "West Wing" was killed. Nice tie-in.)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

panzerde

The 20th Maine on Little Round Top in Gettysburg. Every damn time.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Sir Slash

That's a good one too. Another of mine is the original Red Dawn when the dying Swayze/Sheen brothers spend their last moments in front of the swing their Daddy used to push them on.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

"Avenge me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I saw the remake a few years ago.  As a rule, I don't hold out any hope the new will match/be better than the old.  However, I think the remake would have scored a point or two with me if the boys daddy screamed out, "Avenge me!"  Just like Harry Dean Stanton.  THAT gives me chills every time I hear it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I never could bring myself to watch the remake. Recently my Son-in-Law and I were talking about Red Dawn and he never knew the remake was a remake. I ignored the Old Man Moment and just told him to watch the original and tell me what you think. Kids! I was NEVER that dumb when I was that age.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Not gonna lie, several moments from Armageddon make me cry. Moreso than Pearl Harbor but a couple there, too.

Now Geek can be avenged on my snark about TDKRises.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DoctorQuest

Just so we're clear........ I did not cry a whit watching "Deadpool".
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JudgeDredd

Some have already been mentioned...

Braveheart ending
Toy Story - third one, ending
Marley & Me - we had a dog that died in very similar circumstances - even to the point where it was lying in the garden when we got home...kind of like it didn't want us to see it's decline in health
Beaches
Titanic (yeah...never let go always gets me)
The Champ
Mufasa's death in Lion King
Ghost

Definitely any film with a kid watching their parent dying or a parent watching their kid dying will get the water rolling
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people