Verdun Expansion "Horrors of War"

Started by IronX, March 24, 2016, 10:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dammit Carl!


I've got RO2 but am totally hopeless at it. I wish there was a SP campaign like Call of Duty, which would give you a chance to master the mechanics of it properly. I'm constantly getting trashed before I know it on line. :-[



FWIW, you can play a map (in their various modes as available) against bots on either side - I forget the specific mechanics on how to do it, but it is possible - and it is also a good way to upgrade your weaponry without logging in against Xx_Johnny Snipergod69_xX who proceeds to whack you at every opportunity.  You're not cheating by doing this, per se, but I can see purists hating this sort of approach.

...and had an awesome game last night (Peleliu map; PTO) where people called out targets, covered each other and just had great teamwork to pull out some wins.  Love RO2  :smitten:

Father Ted

Quote from: Boggit on March 24, 2016, 09:59:19 PM

I've got RO2 but am totally hopeless at it. I wish there was a SP campaign like Call of Duty, which would give you a chance to master the mechanics of it properly. I'm constantly getting trashed before I know it on line. :-[

RO2 does actually have a SP "campaign" which acts as a tutorial.  FWIW it takes me two or three maps in online play to get my eye in with RO2 (ie getting killed without knowing how or why and never seeing an enemy), but if I can get past that I find it a satisfying FPS experience.

To get back on topic, I own Verdun but can't play it because it picks up my USB controllers as the default.  I know I've bleated on about this before, but does anyone know of a fix?

Jack Nastyface

@FatherTed...is there config file you can edit somewhere?  I've fixed a number of games this way for my kids.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Father Ted

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on March 25, 2016, 12:26:07 PM
@FatherTed...is there config file you can edit somewhere?  I've fixed a number of games this way for my kids.

Just spent an hour or so on their forums - there doesn't appear to be an editable conf file for the game.  I even got as far as the Unity3d help forum.  From what I understood there, it's up to the game devs to make one available to players.  Perhaps they haven't done so in order to stop people cheating.

The only solution I could find was to uninstall all my controller drivers.  Which would be great if I wanted a Verdunbox instead of a PC.  A bit of a stalemate, which is apt, I suppose, given the subject...

So Verdun returns to the greyed-out list in my Steam Library...

Silent Disapproval Robot

I had the same issue with the controls (and still have it with Heroes of Normandie.  The devs refuse to do anything about it).  I was able to work around it though.

If you go into the controls menu and slide the two sensitivity sliders all the way to the right, you should then be able to get into the remapping stuff.  Once you're in there, make sure to remap all controls and remove any references to controllers. Apply your new settings then  move the sensitivity sliders back to about the half way point.  Hopefully it'll work for you and you will be able to play the game without the controllers interfering with your inputs.