Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic

Started by Skwerl, January 16, 2015, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Imperial only, and only prologue missions right now (3 or 4 I forget). Also you can't save at any time during the campaign, yet.

Basically the campaign hasn't been unlocked, and you're looking at a tutorial for playing skirm and mp.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

OK, I can deal with that right now. It's worth it to get future content at no cost.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Eldar have been added to the beta.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MikeGER

#183
 i made an impulsive buy a few day ago   :-[  ...hell, its WH40k just couldn't resist  :-[
(unfortunately missed the 10% off period by a few hours, but at least i will get the 2 next fleets especially the Space Marines for free)

is anyone playing and like it so far  ...the thread stopped suddenly a few days before release on 4/21 ...why ?


....i am just still experimenting.
i like it after i found out that i can put almost all special functions on automatic if i feel overwhelmed (right mouse click on button) and can concentrate on just maneuvering the little and operating full only the most important vessel.
(looks like the tactial AI lead the torpedos , and initiat bording  and stuff ...OK-ish! (well still better then i missing out on the right timing while busy with a different vessel ;-))     

there is no nice (and full of lore) pdf-manual to read on a tablet in a comfy chair offside of gaming to get into the mood as an additional benefit-part of the hobby, only a webspage. well and of course the mouse over tool-tips.   

I wish there would be a "battle recorder", where i could as an aftermatch marble at a replay of the last epic battle with free moving camera again just its cinematic mode with overlays switched off (F10)  ...there is now time for the fancy stuff in battle!     

and i have really no idea how the strategic map layer is meant to be played ...doing it right in the long run of the camapign 

Jarhead0331

#184
I like it. The skirmish battles are fun for a quick 5 to 10 minutes diversion. I like how you unlock more ships, different game types and larger battles with more points as you level up your admiral. I am still disappointed that there is no z-axis, but I've accepted the game for what it is.

The campaign is nice too, but like battles, a little bit shallow. I'm on chapter two of the campaign and so far there is no management of resources or anything. There are priority missions that serve to further the story driven events, and then there are side missions you can choose to go on in order to free blockaded, rebellious or alien attacked worlds. Each such world has a negative impact on your campaign and increases the chance of additional attacks. So far I only have one deployment per turn, so it's hard to keep up with these missions and I find worlds continue to fall without any ability to respond to them all.  Overall, the campaign feels like just a linked set of skirmish battles with a story. There is no strategic management of planets, or resources, other than renown which you use to purchase upgrades for your ships and new ship slots in your fleet.

Still, a good game for any warhammer 40k fan. Very appropriately 40k and it's probably one of the best games that use the license.

I'm a little miffed about what they did with the preorder bonus fleets, but it is what it is.

Not sure why this read just seemed to die. As the beta progressed it only got better and more expansive, so I'm not sure why everyone who was playing got so quiet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

I'd have it, but my gaming budget has been blown out of the sky by all the stuff I want lately & soon™.  Plus hordes of currently ongoing game campaigns already having me scattered. 

Sometime in the past year I made a change in my game collecting habits, realizing that the new stuff I buy doesn't often get played for a long time.  If ever.  So I've begun refraining from purchasing all the latest shinies, even many wishlist titles on sale, until completely in the mood to play the specific setting devotedly, for a long stretch, at just that moment.  Doesn't have all that much to do with how good they are.  Only whether that theme is at the top of my list that month, assuring regular use in the immediate future.

Battlefleet Gothic was another added to the wait list.  I suppose other people are doing the same, hence the lack of thread chatter.

Not sure which step of addiction recovery I'm on, but it's progressed.  :))

Splurging on a Fallout 4 pre-order, then only playing 3 hours of it before going into Ancient Warfare mode again, was the last wake-up.  Now I ask myself whether it will be another Fallout 4 situation each time I consider pressing the purchase button.  C:-)

Gusington

I am experiencing something similar and I hope my condition progresses.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

I forget now who said it up-thread, but this truly is Napoleonic fleet battles in space.  With bigger explosions.  And an entire race dedicated to driving their ships through yours.

Haven't posted to say so, but this is my non-PBEM go-to game at the moment.  Making my way through the campaign and am enjoying it a great deal.  Occasionally ducking into MP, but, as is so often the case, there are others who are much, much better at it than I.

I always wonder who those people are.

Of course I wish it was turn-based, but, absent that, a great purchase.

Jim


Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

^Your non-PBEM go to game?? That's pretty serious. Perhaps I should bump this up in my to-play  queue.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on April 28, 2016, 09:46:12 AM
I forget now who said it up-thread, but this truly is Napoleonic fleet battles in space.  With bigger explosions.  And an entire race dedicated to driving their ships through yours.

That was me, you jackanapes. Just for that, I'm not telling you this year at Origins if you spill curry on yourself again.

Quote from: Cyrano on April 28, 2016, 09:46:12 AM
Occasionally ducking into MP, but, as is so often the case, there are others who are much, much better at it than I.

I always wonder who those people are.

They are college undergraduates like my son, who have abundant time to hone their skills, rather than do things like have jobs. I envy them.

My lack of commentary isn't due to a lack of interest or disenchantment with the game. I'm just in a lack of time and energy driven gaming funk right now. What little I have played I've enjoyed.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

Space Marines DLC was released today, free for those who already have the game or buy it within a day:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

^See now that's just evil.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

No it's the Space Marines, they're 'good'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Making me want to buy it is evil.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd