The Graying of the Hobby?

Started by avrotim, April 08, 2016, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

I just dropped a couple of bucks on some Star Wars RPG goodness yesterday.  I've been buying and playing RPGs and other games for over 35 years now. 

Arctic Blast

39. Played light wargame fare in my teens (Axis & Allies, Red Storm Rising, A Line in the Sand, etc.), then a buddy and I decided we were ready for a big war game and split the cost of Pacific War. Yeah. That was not a good investment.  :o

Pretty much all video games from that point (with the exception of some tabletop RPG sessions) until maybe 5 years ago, when I started buying board games. I don't remember why I started, I just did.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

45-1/2ish. I don't recall when (younger) Bro and I started playing tactical and strategic games, but it was before I was ten. No doubt that started with chess. Which up until recently I haven't played in about 20 years.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!