Off to a wedding yesterday

Started by JudgeDredd, April 10, 2016, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Me and my lovely (that's me on the right!)  >:D

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

And before she added some glamour  ;D

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 10, 2016, 02:00:18 PM
Me and my lovely (that's me on the right!)  >:D



Thanks for that - the 2 skirts was confusing the matter

Well played on the kilt sir - are they your colours?

Staggerwing

Spiffy! Not sure I want to know where you keep the Sgian Dubh though...  :))

Is that tartan a Clan pattern?



-Eh, Geek beat me to the question.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

The more I look the more I just can't see you sat behind a PC playing RPGs and ranting at your smoke firing tanks!

I think I look like a gamer but you look entirely too wise to be steering little men round a monitor

Arctic Blast

Much respect for the kilt. I've worn one once, when a buddy of mine got hitched. It was a very cold and windy day. I gained a new appreciation for what women in skirts suffer through during wind when they get in to or out of a car. It just becomes a goddamn wind tunnel at that point.  :o

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

I agree. Dredd looks to respectable to be a Gamer much less a Grog. He should be running for elected office or else a Doorman at an upscale restaurant.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: bob48 on April 10, 2016, 02:32:42 PM
Very smart indeed, JD.

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 10, 2016, 02:38:02 PM
I agree. Dredd looks to respectable to be a Gamer much less a Grog. He should be running for elected office or else a Doorman at an upscale restaurant.


SOMEbody has to class up the joint!  Nicely done, JD.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Thank you all for your very polite comments  - well done on being so refrained.

The tartan is the Ireland tartan. A generic "Irish" tartan, much the same as you get a generic Scotland tartan. I've never looked into family history so I would not know if I had any right to a specific tartan. I just guessed as a very proud Scot I am at the very least entitled to wear a tartan of some form or other.

Rather unbelievably, I looked on the shop website at the various tartans and decided I liked "the green one"  - and I'm not joking ;D

But there's some logic in the choice...Riley is of Irish origin I believe.

It was cold and wet yesterday and my cairngorms suffered  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2016, 02:32:09 PM
Much respect for the kilt. I've worn one once, when a buddy of mine got hitched. It was a very cold and windy day. I gained a new appreciation for what women in skirts suffer through during wind when they get in to or out of a car. It just becomes a goddamn wind tunnel at that point.  :o

Yep - respect for women who have been suffering for many, many years. And it was very coooold yesterday!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

Its a bit chilly around the trossachs, Billy :-))
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Yes it was bob - it was very much so!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

besilarius

Had to pull into Portsmouth for some repairs around Thanksgiving. 
Because we had a squadron commander aboard, the notables who greeted us included some army types.  One was from a Royal Regiment in his kilt.
The wind in November was not kind to him as he crossed the gangway.
After all the dignitaries left, the captain wondered aloud why the kilt was still worn.  In one of my finer moments, I was able to explain how the sheepshaggers got their name.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.