Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Hey OJ I put all the stuff in the chests. Thanks for upgrading the support posts. I'll mine some more iron and stone for you next time im on. Brass is becoming scarce, radiators are the best source i know of. The forges you put up were going to have to relocate, sorry i wasnt clear but i was talking about putting them where i  mined to the map bottom, you run them where they are and you will get horde after horde. The heat map will go crazy and the spawning will be continues i believe. I think if we put them at the map bottom we can run them all the time, i ran the tunnel out and then deep so it wouldnt be under our base. I made some more guns out of the parts and brought the complete ones below. Tell Jake thanks for the help and still no sniper rifle yet but i did make him a ROCKET LAUNCHER :D and 6 rockets, tell him to go blast a bear or some zombie cops, there's some more parts to make a few more. I'll start on the outer wall soon, going with the cobblestone and iron bar about 4 blocks high with an overhang, i wonder if they will spawn inside the walls again, i'm gonna make another wall around the tower and the 2 buildings down the road and tear the existing walls down for resources.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

It used to be that the sleeping bag would prevent zombies from spawning for a certain radius around where it was placed. Believe it was a 30 block radius or so. I just check the 7DTD wiki and it seems this feature has been removed!! That is harsh...but love the way that they keep the wiki up to date, even with minor updates.

I have to drop by and visit your fort one of these days.

OJsDad

Jake will love the rocket launcher.  He plays will it in creative mode. 

To move the forges, we'll have to destroy them and rebuild, as I don't think we can just move them.

I plan on reinforcing the support columns all the way up and the walkways, just wanted to get the first 3 rows first.  BTW, if we have forged steel, we can upgrade at least one more time past concrete.  You have the vision for what you want to do.  I'll let you place the initial defenses, and then I'll upgrade them.  I think we need to get the outer defenses first, then the inner.  Got killed once yesterday while working on upgrades when I got hit with a couple of dogs.  Couldn't get away fast enough.  Died on top of the hatch of the old house. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Think we need to move all forging operation to the map bottom. We keep running the other ones we'll keep getting hit with hordes and it will slow the build to a crawl. Counted nine hordes yesterday, seems like they go for the heat location of the forges. I'll mine a bunch next time, either at map bottom or over where your bag is so I can get lead too. We get a bunch of forges going at map bottom and just keep them running, see what happens with the hordes.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Wonder if I can tear the cement mixer apart and haul it down to the map bottom.

Next time I'm on I'm moving my bag to where you's is. I don't think there is reason to leave it at the original location any longer.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

I sat out the horde at map bottom while mining. I put some chests down at map bottom for the resources. I mined a tunnel all the way out of the frozen area into the tree zone so lead is available, it a long tunnel but once i go out of the frozen zone the ore was abundant. Getting low on food and water. i'll probably hunt some next time and maybe get some snow for water, should probably store some snow down there to refill the jars. No idea if the horde did any damage up top.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Hey OJ, got a  lot done. Ran the forges on the tower and the ones were going to tear down out of stuff making concrete mix, so there is some on the tower and underground. I setup 4 forges at map bottom and started loading them, there's a workbench and campfire too. I mined a lot of ore and put it the chests at map bottom, i made 2000 flagstone blocks to start the wall and i will start making the iron bars for the wall next. I ran the forges and went up top to see about the 7 day horde, even with the 4 forges running underground about 2 blocks away they still came toward me, so i went to map bottom to get out of the hunted zone. a cement mixer will help down there, you cant tear the other one apart. I left feathers and buckshot in the chest where my bag is, were still light on food, i did refresh the water supply with snow. I'll have to glance at the wiki to see what are all the sources of brass, which were running out of. I scrounged up some glass in the bank to make more jars for water, i tried to hunt but the screamer brought a horde on me so never got much but 1 deer. Once i forge the bars i'll put the wall up real fast and add a door to each side for escape purposes.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Sounds good Budd.  I was going to get on last night, but I've been having internet problems, so couldn't.  I'll try again tonight.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Budd, I tried to tear down the cement mixer on the roof.  Ended up destroying it and losing the motor in it.  I used the motor in the box and built a new on at the bottom of the map. 

I made a run to the farm and got a good bit of food.  Also got a deer.  Used it to make some meat stew, that fills you up.  That's all in where our bags are at. 

We may want to think about mining up to your original base, just as an emergency exit. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

I'll probably mine a tunnel out and up from where the long ladder goes down to the map bottom. It would be a long way up from the bottom, no problem if we had an auger but it took a bit of time to get down there, ill mark the original base with a waypoint and aim for that.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

There is a new mining skill in A14 that turns you into a human auger if you bump it up to level-3. With a pick axe I can get through pretty much anything with a single swing now.

The mine connected to my bunker complex is insanely big now. I often have a tough time finding my way back out again from mining excursions. wish there was a way to post signs. I have well over 10,000 units of gun powder ready to go. Too bad brass is so hard to come by.

-budd-

I'm just about at the one swing level but not quite. I've been using my points lately to up my level so i dont need as much food or water or my stamina to run farther. I use torches to mark my way to keep from getting lost, you can make letters now maybe put some on your walls to guide you, don't know if making arrows is an option. I looked at the wiki, looks like radiators are still the best source of brass, there's brass faucets too apparently.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Budd, what all do you wanted upgraded on the defenses.  You said last night not to upgrade the cobblestone walls.  You don't want them upgraded at all, or just not until we get everything else upgraded.  Do we want a trench around the wall with spikes. 

I wasn't impressed with the rocket launcher.  I'll have to load a single player game and have Jake show me how to work it better. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Hey, AT, I cannot find your server this morning, is it down. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Server connections may have been broken with the weird global Steam update last night.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!