Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on April 14, 2016, 07:02:41 AM
Hey, AT, I cannot find your server this morning, is it down.

Yes, strangely it is down.  I tried to restart several times this morning... no luck.  Unfortunately, I have to run off to work.  When I come back this evening if I still can restart I will have to get the server provider's tech involved.

Sorry..
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

No problem AT.  I didn't know if you were aware or not and just wanted to give you a heads up.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Your good AT, it looks like it's back up
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

The rocket launcher sure did look impressive, maybe there's a skill you can upgrade. It was funny when blasted the zombie cop made a big hole and the zombie gets up and walks out. I was thinking since while were low on brass we can make a shitload of pipe bombs. Plenty of coal and nitrate and we have pipes, can't remember what else is required. I would keep upgrading the supports all the way up, the cobble walls are light on resources and time to repair, just need the cobble rock so its not a priority. Probably gonna build some sniper platforms on the upper corners think those will be high enough so the cops can't puke that high. Not sure about the trenches the zombies end digging toward you might undermine the supports if they dig close to them. I'm thinking rows of  ground level log spikes upgraded, not blocking the doorways. I'm gonna make some ladders to go from second level to the top, probably 2 per side. Next time ill probably go get a bunch of wood and wrench some cars for brass, batteries( for spot lights) and some engines. I will be scraping the stuff inside our walls I.e. cars, wall parts, ect. I still want to build the tower higher also, just because. I thought the base held up well during the feral horde although a couple gliched through the barriers.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I just on for a bit to see what the damage was.  The day was 57.  I know last night we were on day 91/92.  Everything we had built was there, but the day was wrong.

I noticed that there was at least one cobble stone block missing on the north side.  I did repair/upgrade all of the doors.  Next time I'm on, I'm going to place torches outside beside the doors so they're easier to find.

Those candy/mint tins that you find can be used to make mines, so we may want to try that.  We can also use carburators for mines. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Got some good work at lunch.  About 25% of the supports are fully upgraded.  I went out and tried to do some hunting and didn't see a single thing.  Only saw a few z's. 

I get a plane drop and there were a lot of meds. 

On the roof, in the box by the workbench, there is a spotlight.  I found a battery while I was out.  I'll be back on later tonight.  When I spawn back in, I'll be on the roof. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

One ore thing.  I found a book on chainsaws the other day.  Have we found any parts for one. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

We have a chain for the chainsaw, can't remember what else it needs besides a motor. My plan is too chop a bunch of wood, wrench some cars and hunt. If you have wood you can make some ladders that go up the supports from 2nd level to the third, you'll have to chop an opening at the top. I was going to do 2 per side. Once those are done everything on the platforms, ramps, tower can get upgraded.ill work on another tunnel exit also.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I jumped back for a few to look.  You need handlebars, chainsaw parts, chainsaw chain, and motor.  We have all but the parts. 

Yep, you hold to your plan and I'll work the base.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Found something strange yesterday.  I was scavenging around the backyard of a house.  The yard was surrounded by a sheet metal fence.  I'd been there before, but had returned to see what was new.  I noticed at the back of the yard there as a 3x3 cement area with a piece of sheet metal over the middle square.  I removed the sheet metal and there was a drop down through an air duck.  When Budd got on line, I took him back.  He'd never seen anything like it before.  We removed the metal frame, and dropped down in.

Turns out it was some kind of bunker.  There was a kitchen, bunk room, bath room, store room, and a bunch of control equipment, along with two or three bodies.  We have no idea what it was.  There were stairs that led back up into the house.  The stairs were covered over by 1x4 of sheet metal.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

I jumped on for a few minutes at lunch.

Budd, I made about 10 exploding bolts for my crossbow.  Don't know if I'll be on when the day 7 horde hits, but I'll be interested to see how they do against the cops and ferrals. 

Also, and you guys probably know this, but you can load crushed sand into the forge.  When it loads, it loads a glass.  So running out of glass jars won't be an issue any time soon. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Before I logged off I cleared the courtyard of all the broken down stuff. I started laying log spikes outside wall. I built one of the platforms for the wall corners but I don't like it so ill tear it down and go with all stone. Ill build one on each corner and put a chest up there with pipe bombs and a rifle with 7.62 for zombie action. Next time ill probably build the corner towers. I want to make about 100 pipe bombs and put 25 per chest once I build the corner towers, I think we have enough rifles to put one per chest and maybe a little med supplies in.each chest. At this point OJ anything that's wood can be upgraded. Probably gonna need more iron, that tunnel at map bottom that goes to the green zone has been ore rich. Don't if you've been down that tunnel but dig at the end where it opens up and you'll be in green zone so should get some iron also.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Sounds like a good plan Budd.  A couple of suggestions though;

If we can get sniper rifles built instead of hunting rifles may be better.  If there are going to be chests up there, I agree with putting some meds.  I would also suggest some water and food.  We have plenty of jars for water, and can make more.  I would probably go with blueberry pies.  They have 10 fullness and I don't think hardly any smell, so should be good for those locations.  If the exploding bolts for the crossbows work as I hope, I'd like to start building a stash of them in each chest also. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

The sniper rifle parts have been hard to come by, we still need the parts for our first one. What about flaming arrows, the exploding ones are resource intensive. We probably should organize our chest better, centralize them in the upper underground except the resources at map bottom.still have a lot in the tower and tower top. Should have enough flag stone to build the corner towers , ill use wood for the roof for a little hornet protection, ill also build them a little jutting out to maybe be able to shoot under the wall overhang. I kept seeing those dog packs go by after you logged out, I putting the log spikes down and I could see them spawn and trot by except for one would always go for the same wall door. I'm going to have to adjust that wall/ door u can't shoot them from inside. It's the wall door on the road side in the middle, you cant see what's at the door, I had to go outside to deal with them. Also I figure we' ll need about 10 spotlights to do it up right.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.