Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls

Started by republic, April 23, 2016, 07:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

republic

I kickstarted this and just gained access today.  Has anyone else tried it?   http://store.steampowered.com/app/392080/

JasonPratt

Looks really nice for a 2D sandbox Solo-simulator.  :) (It's late and I can't recall hearing what to really call the genre. Trade-fighter?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

I thought it looked good too, but $30 seems a bit steep so I held off.

I'd be interested to hear your impressions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


republic

The game is interesting, it blends running around inside a starship like FTL, with a spaceship outworld, with what seems to be a procedural universe outside that.  I haven't played nearly enough to say anything positive or negative.  I will say that during the tutorial they have you fire both forward and reverse engines at the same time and it causes your ship to split in two.  If the physics hold up...it could be pretty interesting.  I haven't encountered an AI opponent yet so I'll share more later.