CM:BN Tech Question for Elvis?

Started by Cyrano, May 01, 2016, 04:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cyrano

OK, new PC.

I have ALL the CM:BN kit including CW, MG, BP, and VP.

Could you throw a brother a hint as to the proper order in which I should install these?

BTW, I FINALLY have CM:RT smoking at the sort of speeds I was hoping for.  Only took an i7, 16G of RAM, and a 970.

Thanks,

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

WallysWorld

#1
Doesn't the download package for CMBN now install everything onto your computer and you just have to activate each module with the license key? I think they made it like that: one huge download and install and then activate what modules or addons you have bought. But I think you have to download and install the 3.12 patch and then the VP and BP separately after the master installer is done.

In my case, I bought CMBN and then added CW, MG, the v3.0 patch and then the VP and BP in that order over the years.

CMBN installation info from the BF forum:

"download the all-inclusive master installer (a 10 gig file), which has all the current content. (Though doesn't yet include the Battle Pack or v 3.12, AFAIK ...). Run that master installer and use your v 3.0 key, and you'll get everything up to v 3.11 in one go"

" Yep, you just need the one file to reinstall everything ... up to the point, of course, that was current at the time you got the master installer.
As more is added to keep the master installer current (eg v3.12 and the Battle Pack, not yet in the master installer AFAIK), you can if you wish re-download it then and keep that version of it ...
And as you have bought the CW and MG modules, their content is already also in the master installer, so you just need to use the activate modules process, using separately the two keys you get when you buy them, "unlocking" those modules' content which you now already have via the master installer. No additional downloads required. "

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/122293-30-installation-and-patches/
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Cyrano

Worked like a charm.

Thanks very much!

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Tuna

Quote from: WallysWorld on May 01, 2016, 05:20:52 PM
Doesn't the download package for CMBN now install everything onto your computer and you just have to activate each module with the license key? I think they made it like that: one huge download and install and then activate what modules or addons you have bought. But I think you have to download and install the 3.12 patch and then the VP and BP separately after the master installer is done.

In my case, I bought CMBN and then added CW, MG, the v3.0 patch and then the VP and BP in that order over the years.

CMBN installation info from the BF forum:

"download the all-inclusive master installer (a 10 gig file), which has all the current content. (Though doesn't yet include the Battle Pack or v 3.12, AFAIK ...). Run that master installer and use your v 3.0 key, and you'll get everything up to v 3.11 in one go"

" Yep, you just need the one file to reinstall everything ... up to the point, of course, that was current at the time you got the master installer.
As more is added to keep the master installer current (eg v3.12 and the Battle Pack, not yet in the master installer AFAIK), you can if you wish re-download it then and keep that version of it ...
And as you have bought the CW and MG modules, their content is already also in the master installer, so you just need to use the activate modules process, using separately the two keys you get when you buy them, "unlocking" those modules' content which you now already have via the master installer. No additional downloads required. "

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/122293-30-installation-and-patches/

Do you have to have 3.0 update to use this? I haven't reinstalled yet since upgrading my MB/CPU.. Thinking I should wait till after Win 10.. or will Win10 not trigger as a system change?

WallysWorld

You definitely need v3 for the VP and BP. But if you don't have the v3 upgrade purchased, I think you have to follow these manual instructions up to step 6.
I don't think the all-in-one installer works without you purchasing the v3 upgrade.

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127908




How do I reinstall CMBN v3 without the All-In-One installer?

Due to the complexity of possible combinations of CMBN content we created an all-in-one installer for v3.0 customers. If you purchased v3.0 since the end of 2014 this article does not apply to you and you should instead view this article:

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/134841

For customers using v1.0, v2.0, or earlier versions of v3.0 (prior to the end of 2014) this article should help with the reinstallation and licensing process. The following steps must be done in order. If you do not have a module listed below, simply skip that step:

1- install the base game, Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. This will typically be v1.00 or v1.01.

2- (if available) install the Commonwealth Module. This will update your game to v1.10.

3- install the CMBN v1.11 patch. You can find it at www.battlefront.com/patches.

4a- if you have the 2.0 Upgrade & Market Garden Bundle, install it now and activate using your Bundle license key. Go to step 6.

4b- if you have the 2.0 Upgrade, install it now but do not activate if you have the 3.0 Upgrade. Otherwise activate using your 2.0 Upgrade licenses key.

5- if you have the stand alone Market Garden module (not the Bundle), install it now and activate it using your Market Garden license key. Otherwise skip this step.

6- visit the Battlefront.com website and download the v2.12 All Inclusive patch and install it. If you do not have v3 then your reinstallation is complete and no further actions are required.

7- if you have the original 3.0 Upgrade (i.e. not the 10GB all-in-one), install it now but do not activate yet.

8- install the v3.11 patch downloaded from Battlefront.com. If you do not have the Vehicle Pack then activate using your 3.0 Upgrade license key. Using any other key will result in a failed activation.

9- if you the Vehicle Pack, install it now and then activate using the license key for the Pack.

10- at this point reinstallation is complete. Future patches can be applied without reactivation.

Note: It's important to follow these steps and patch as the last step! This will ensure that your game and all modules are up to date; otherwise you may unintentionally downgrade your game to an older version by installing an older module.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Redwolf

BFC must be out of their minds.

That's all I can say about this.

RyanE

That is why they went to the all-in-one download.  And that helps.  But it creates other issues with patches because now you have to do the 10Gb download even for a small patch.  And some people have issues with the download not working for some reason.  Again, I don't see other companies having issues like this.

Pete Dero

Quote from: RyanE on May 02, 2016, 02:14:40 PM
But it creates other issues with patches because now you have to do the 10Gb download even for a small patch. 

To install 3.12 I only needed to download the small patch.  There was no reason to download the whole base game again for the patch.

Elvis





Looks like I'm a little late checking. I'm glad to hear that you're squared away.


Quote from: RyanE on May 02, 2016, 02:14:40 PM
That is why they went to the all-in-one download.  And that helps.  But it creates other issues with patches because now you have to do the 10Gb download even for a small patch.  And some people have issues with the download not working for some reason.  Again, I don't see other companies having issues like this.

That is not correct. For instance, if you had the game installed through 3.11, you do not need to re-download the all-in-one installer to install the new 3.12 patch. Just download and install the patch.

Elvis

One other comment about the all-in-one installer..... If, for instance, you only own the base game and the 3.0 Upgrade..... If down the line you decide that you'd like to purchase either of the modules or Packs you do not need to download or install anything. Just use the Activate Modules shortcut and enter the key from your new purchase to "unlock" the content.

RyanE

So for a module or pack, you do have to download the installer correct.  I am amost as confused now about when the mega-installer gets updated.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on May 02, 2016, 08:25:00 PM
So for a module or pack, you do have to download the installer correct.  I am amost as confused now about when the mega-installer gets updated.
Neither of those sentences makes sense. Can you rephrase?

Nefaro

Quote from: Redwolf on May 02, 2016, 10:49:07 AM
BFC must be out of their minds.

That's all I can say about this.


I've seen complete overhaul Mods that are easier to install.  :-\

Pete Dero

Quote from: RyanE on May 02, 2016, 08:25:00 PM
So for a module or pack, you do have to download the installer correct.  I am amost as confused now about when the mega-installer gets updated.

If you already downloaded and installed the 3.0 version (10 gb pack) everything is included.  If you decide to buy an extra module you get a key that you must activate without the need to download anything else.  (Only the small patch 3.12 must be downloaded and installed separately.)

If you have version 2.x and you want an extra module, these modules will probably require the 3.0 version. This means that in this case you do need to download the full 10gb pack and activate the 3.0 version and modules you have bought.  (I think only the small battle pack is not included in the 10 GB file)

I guess they wont update the mega installer unless a 4.0 patch will be released (for sale).

Installing and updating before was a hassle (and for Shockforce it still is !) .  Once you have spend another $10 on the 3.0 version It becomes much easier.