Main Menu

Dirt Rally

Started by JudgeDredd, May 05, 2016, 05:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I bought this some time ago - on early release - and it was a bit of a shell, though what was there showed promise...which I was quite surprised about as it was Codemasters.

So I fired it up for the first time in donkeys - and this is one superb rally simulator!!  O0

I have only stuck my toes in to see what has changed since I last played and how it's come along...but the driving model, grip, control are all extremely well done. I've yet to see what's involved in the actually rally events and what's there, but there seemed to be a few locations...maybe half a dozen...and there's a plethora of cars in the game from the 60s to date.

I did a two stage rally in Greece and it was superb.

I didn't think there would be a rally game to match Richard Burns Rally - but it's entirely possible it's here.

If you're into racing games and have an interest in rally driving, it's worth a shout imo - though it is quite expensive at £39.99.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Toonces

Yeah, I got this when it was $30.  It is VERY highly regarded, even on the Steam forums.

I find it to be almost impossibly hard, but then again, I don't drive so good.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm the same.  I think it's a great sim but I don't have a wheel and trying to play with a joystick is bloody hard!


Bardolph

I've only driven a little bit, but what I did I was grinning like a maniac the entire time. Just been too wrapped up in iRacing to get back to the dirt.

jomni

Judge is our resident race car driver. I'm pretty sure he's better than all of us.