Sengoku Jidai combined thread

Started by Zulu1966, January 19, 2016, 03:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni


bbmike

Another hour until it unlocks on Steam...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

tgb

The price is lower than I expected, so I'll probably grab it later.  Jomni, di you make any substantial changes to the campaign, or is it pretty much as before?  The strategic level was the one element in the original I found disappointing.

jomni

Quote from: tgb on May 19, 2016, 08:40:44 AM
The price is lower than I expected, so I'll probably grab it later.  Jomni, di you make any substantial changes to the campaign, or is it pretty much as before?  The strategic level was the one element in the original I found disappointing.

It's not too different.  Just different settings and maps with some special rules depending on the campaign.

Tpek

Just purchased the collector's edition from matrix using the 18% off coupon Matrix/Slitherine gave away for their birthday thing. :)

bbmike

Is there any reason to purchase from Matrix directly instead of Steam?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on May 19, 2016, 10:54:59 AM
Is there any reason to purchase from Matrix directly instead of Steam?

If you don't want to have your game linked through steam, you should buy it directly through matrix/slitherine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Philippe

If you buy from Matrix you get the non-steam version and a Steam key, so you end up with two versions of the game, and it gets registered with Slitherine.

You can't register a Steam-only version with Slitherine.

The reason you want to register with Slitherine is that it preserves an independant record of the fact that you own the game.  So if your Steam account ever gets hacked or your house and computer burn down in a fire, you won't have any trouble establishing that you own it.

It's uselful to have two versions if you're testing mods, and patches don't always hit both versions at the same time.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

bbmike

Makes sense to me. Matrix it is!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on May 19, 2016, 10:54:59 AM
Is there any reason to purchase from Matrix directly instead of Steam?

Absolutely.

You get both the Matrix version, just a simple installation key, and a Steam version.  You can activate that key on Steam too.



I prefer having a non-Steam & nearly DRM-Free version I can burn off on DVD-ROM and back up on an external hard drive.  But this is the best of both options.. having my cake & eating it.  8)

bbmike

I bought it from Matrix.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on May 19, 2016, 01:16:33 PM
I bought it from Matrix.  8)

Cool.

I'm glad their installation keys are now the same code you use to activate on Steam. 

The old system of registering & requesting a separate Steam key off the Slitherine site was a bit odd.  I never liked the non-intuitive layout of the Slitherine site anyway.  Now we don't have to mess with that.   

Anguille

Quote from: Nefaro on May 19, 2016, 01:21:53 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 19, 2016, 01:16:33 PM
I bought it from Matrix.  8)

Cool.

I'm glad their installation keys are now the same code you use to activate on Steam. 

The old system of registering & requesting a separate Steam key off the Slitherine site was a bit odd.  I never liked the non-intuitive layout of the Slitherine site anyway.  Now we don't have to mess with that.
This good news indeed!

Anguille

Downloading...banzai!

bbmike

Just finished the first tutorial. It was a nail biter but I won! The artwork/graphics are outstanding and the game oozes atmosphere.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak