Sengoku Jidai combined thread

Started by Zulu1966, January 19, 2016, 03:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

#150
Me too....

Game already jumped into my list of all time favs.... O0

jomni

#151
Thanks.  Someone should change the title of this thread.

I'll be holidaying in Korea next week will be back to answer questions soon.

Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

Anyone get the super deluxe version?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2016, 06:31:22 PM
Anyone get the super deluxe version?

It doesn't exist (yet).

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on May 19, 2016, 05:25:12 PM
Thanks.  Someone should change the title of this thread.

I'll be holidaying in Korea next week will be back to answer questions soon.

(my bold)


I was thinking the same thing awhile back. 

Should be titled "Sengoku Jidai" instead of 'That Random Upcoming Samurai Game'.  C:-)


Thought about making a new thread, but there is a lot of posts in this one already.

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on May 19, 2016, 06:31:22 PM
Anyone get the super deluxe version?
I took the collector's edition.

JudgeDredd

Congrats Jomni.

It's on my hit list.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grimnirsson

Congrats from me too, good job! :)

How many MP scenarios are included in the game?
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Nefaro

The artistic representation is great.  Love the period-inspired look to the whole game.

I've only played a couple battles thus far, one being the first Tutorial, so I've not even experienced much of the content yet.  But the different armies, units, and their evolving make-up over time, is interesting.  The addition of Generals, and their subordinate divisions, is also great.  Looking forward to the campaigns.

Everything has been running perfectly thus far.  I had to set my laptop's Nvidia card to be the primary video processor manually, as opposed to it's other Intel HD4000.  The mouse cursor was just a but sluggish until I did.  But it's often like that with 2D games, and people with that type of dual video notebook should already know to check which card a new game is using & turn it on manually if needed.

Request:
All I would ask for is some noticeable indicator (such as a small colored dot next to the troop type symbol?  Or different colored facing arrow?) specifying which units still have either half their AP left, or enough to move one space of Open Terrain.  It's difficult to make out the little white facing arrows on the tan terrain, but those also don't specifically differentiate between units with only 2 AP left (not enough to do much of anything) and those with 4 or 5+.  Instead of a visual indicator, I find myself using the Tab hotkey to cycle through those who haven't moved.  Which means I end up cycling through the lot of them numerous times, and mentally re-orient my overall strategy after the map jumps.  I guess I'm saying that I prefer to move the map around & survey the overall battlefield "picture" while activating units, as opposed to cycling through them with the map jumping around.  Not a big deal.. just a convenience request.




Congratulations on a good-looking and enjoyable wargame, Jomni!  I'm digging it.   O0


Next Period?
I wonder where the Pike & Shot/Sengoku Jidai engine (with campaign system) will go next?  I'd really like to see the same treatment given to the Greco-Roman period *hint hint nod nod*.   ^-^  Since the system's focus tends to be on the evolution of historical troop types through certain periods, that has to be high on the hit list! 


Jarhead0331

Agree with all the positive comments so far. Very good stuff.

One thing I would like to see is a more obvious graphic indicator of unit condition and strength. As a unit takes casualties, I'd like to see the physical size of the unit get smaller. As it gets disorganized or fragmented, I'd like to see that visually represented, as well, instead of just an "F" and a "D" displayed on top of the unit.  Finally, I doubt we'll ever see it, but how about some bodies on the map tiles after combat?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

Bought the basic set. I don't understand what some of the DLC are (pdf rules for tabletop field of glory, I guess??) Will strongly consider the other campaign DLC once I've played this a little.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2016, 07:49:59 AM
Next Period?
I wonder where the Pike & Shot/Sengoku Jidai engine (with campaign system) will go next?  I'd really like to see the same treatment given to the Greco-Roman period *hint hint nod nod*.   ^-^  Since the system's focus tends to be on the evolution of historical troop types through certain periods, that has to be high on the hit list!
I was thinking the same...would be just awesome.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Anguille on May 20, 2016, 08:01:40 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2016, 07:49:59 AM
Next Period?
I wonder where the Pike & Shot/Sengoku Jidai engine (with campaign system) will go next?  I'd really like to see the same treatment given to the Greco-Roman period *hint hint nod nod*.   ^-^  Since the system's focus tends to be on the evolution of historical troop types through certain periods, that has to be high on the hit list!
I was thinking the same...would be just awesome.

No ... please medieval or dark ages.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Grimnirsson

Sorry, anyone able to give me an answer to may question regarding the number of MP scens in the game?

Thank you...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de