Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

42.20 on Instant Gaming...43.79 on CDKeys...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 19, 2016, 05:08:16 PM
Quote from: Tpek on May 19, 2016, 04:28:31 PM
Pre-load is up.

Yeah - and its huge ....

10 Gigs isn't huge, it's pretty normal sized by these days' standards.

Nefaro

The few times I've pre-loaded a game on Steam, a few days before release, it ended up re-downloading nearly the whole thing all over again on release day.    :knuppel2:

It saved approximately Jack & Shit in time and bandwidth.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on May 19, 2016, 10:23:12 PM
The few times I've pre-loaded a game on Steam, a few days before release, it ended up re-downloading nearly the whole thing all over again on release day.    :knuppel2:

It saved approximately Jack & Shit in time and bandwidth.

Actually, it's even slower than normal download.
Even without downloading additional stuff, Steam's encryption of the game files and the whole unlocking mechanism is a pretty darn intensive and long process.
I really never get why I keep pre-loading games.  :P

Plus, pre-load means the game has already gone gold and reached the Steam servers, which means that the devs might as well just release it.

jomni

General rule is to not pre-load if you have a fast internet due
to additional time unpacking.

Tpek

Quote from: jomni on May 20, 2016, 02:33:42 AM
General rule is to not pre-load if you have a fast internet due
to additional time unpacking.

I know, but I'm prone to sillines  :D

jomni

Quote from: Tpek on May 20, 2016, 04:04:46 AM
Quote from: jomni on May 20, 2016, 02:33:42 AM
General rule is to not pre-load if you have a fast internet due
to additional time unpacking.

I know, but I'm prone to sillines  :D

Nah you're just excited.

There was a person asking in Steam why there's no pre-order option for Sengoku Jidai.
I thought to myself why should we collect money when we can't give the product in return.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Tpek on May 19, 2016, 05:24:55 PM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 19, 2016, 05:08:16 PM
Quote from: Tpek on May 19, 2016, 04:28:31 PM
Pre-load is up.

Yeah - and its huge ....

10 Gigs isn't huge, it's pretty normal sized by these days' standards.

Well - it was saying it needed 22 GB of space when I started - then it only downloaded 9 ... I guess it must be compressed - I still think 22 GB is big for one game.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Nefaro

Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 20, 2016, 05:26:51 AM


Well - it was saying it needed 22 GB of space when I started - then it only downloaded 9 ... I guess it must be compressed - I still think 22 GB is big for one game.

They compress the hell out of the TW games. 

22GB is still pretty large, but nothing too unusual for TW games these days.

Jarhead0331

I'm nervous from the RPS write-up. Tactical battles sound epic, but the strategic game sounds like crap. I'm really sick of this current trend to dumb everything down.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Zulu1966

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 20, 2016, 07:48:44 AM
I'm nervous from the RPS write-up. Tactical battles sound epic, but the strategic game sounds like crap. I'm really sick of this current trend to dumb everything down.

Well...little late for me to be nervous as I already bought it ... but had the same feeling on reading the article ... but reading through the comments below it not a lot a people agreed with his points.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Gusington

I thought the same thing reading the RPS review.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

^ Me also.

I actually don't like the expanded strategic options in the newer Total Wars- I thought M2TW and RTW were just right.  I realize I may be in the minority, though.

Still, I'm going to wait and see, for now.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Attila perfected it for me once I learned the systems. To have them taken away now or dumbed down may work because of the fantasy setting but I'll have to play it to decide. And that would require me to buy it...which I haven't yet :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd