Sengoku Jidai combined thread

Started by Zulu1966, January 19, 2016, 03:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbmike

Quote from: Grimnirsson on May 20, 2016, 08:19:35 AM
Sorry, anyone able to give me an answer to may question regarding the number of MP scens in the game?

Thank you...

It uses Slitherine's online multiplayer system so I would imagine everything is playable in MP? I saw on the Steam forum that you could play hotseat using their MP system.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

jomni

Quote from: Grimnirsson on May 20, 2016, 08:19:35 AM
Sorry, anyone able to give me an answer to may question regarding the number of MP scens in the game?

Thank you...

Canned MP scenarios = 14
Skirmish MP scenarios = infinite


bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on May 20, 2016, 07:49:59 AM
Next Period?
I wonder where the Pike & Shot/Sengoku Jidai engine (with campaign system) will go next?  I'd really like to see the same treatment given to the Greco-Roman period *hint hint nod nod*.   ^-^  Since the system's focus tends to be on the evolution of historical troop types through certain periods, that has to be high on the hit list!

I was kind of getting an Age of Rifles vibe when I was playing through the tutorial.  :smitten:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grimnirsson

QuoteCanned MP scenarios = 14

Thanks!
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Gusington

This system an go in many different directions...my choice would be medieval, Dark Age or 19th century age of imperialism.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2016, 09:25:35 AM
This system an go in many different directions...my choice would be medieval, Dark Age or 19th century age of imperialism.

This

bbmike

^Didn't I more or less say that?  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on May 20, 2016, 08:30:34 AM
I was kind of getting an Age of Rifles vibe when I was playing through the tutorial.  :smitten:

This.

Feel better now, bbmike?   O0

bbmike

Yeah, but that's mostly from the Lagavulin 16 I'm having right now.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Bought the Collector's Edition of the game along with Pike and Shot: Campaigns. Just played around with both for a little while and I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far.

Got lucky as I had a coupon for Matrix Games and saved almost 40% on both games.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

kludger

I picked up the collector's edition and am glad I did, really enjoying the ebooks that come with it as good background for the time period, especially the Empires of the Dragon one which has alot of historical factions from Asia that I was not familiar with  O0

panzerde

Finally found the time to grab this yesterday. Very, very impressed, both by the look of the game and the changes/improvements to the engine. I suspect this will get a lot of play this weekend.


I really, really hope we're going to see a back port of the changes into Pike & Shot. The addition of leaders and command factors is exactly what I've always thought was missing from the earlier game. I'd have much rather seen those added than the campaign system. Now that I've seen them in Sengoku Jidai it really feels like P&S is just...broken.


This engine is now a really great engine for ancients up through early modern, and I hope we'll see it expanded to cover other eras.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Raied

I got it also, even though I dont like Japan/ Asian setting, bought it originally because I love P&S and also to support Matrix as usual, but turn out I start to like the setting due to this great engine.
I hope as many said that they will do different historic eras for their next game, the system is just amazing.