Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2016, 04:13:08 PM
Attila perfected it for me once I learned the systems. To have them taken away now or dumbed down may work because of the fantasy setting but I'll have to play it to decide. And that would require me to buy it...which I haven't yet :)


The glimpses I've had of the Warhammer campaign makes it look more like Attila.  With the Chaos side using the Horde faction mechanic, for example. 

Not sure what's up with the General/Hero system.  Being Warhammer, it likely won't have a family tree.  But it does look to have more Hero customization with some RPG-like Skill & Equipment options for those big baddies.


Can't say I'd miss having some of the Attila campaign tendencies, such as a huge swath of cities being utterly destroyed.  Damn AI would go nuts with that.. because Total War AI.   Looked like most of the continent got glassed in a nuke war.  ::)

Gusington

^You know I forgot about that in the last campaign because it doesn't happen in Charlemagne. I thought I would love that mechanic but I didn't miss it either.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2016, 07:39:37 PM
^You know I forgot about that in the last campaign because it doesn't happen in Charlemagne. I thought I would love that mechanic but I didn't miss it either.

Attila is a great part of the series, but there are three or four such big issues with it's grand campaign that really hurt it's gameplay.

I've still played far more Rome 2 because it doesn't have such wild issues.  After the 17 or so patches, it's issues are nowhere near as crazy as those few in Attila.

Gusington

^I think you would really like Charlemagne. Everything is streamlined. Have you tried it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2016, 07:46:02 PM
^I think you would really like Charlemagne. Everything is streamlined. Have you tried it?

Nope.  Haven't even done much Attila yet.

Grim.Reaper

Just received my pre-order key from CDKEYS this morning...that place still continues to impress me....got it pretty darn cheap (pre-ordered back in January) and they deliver so that I can still preload ahead of time.  Even if the game does not overly impress, still think I got a good enough deal where I will certainly get my money's worth to try something new in the Total War universe.  As for unpacking the preload, no big deal either since I usually just leave my computer and steam on while at work, so by the time I get home things ready to roll.

Freyland

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 21, 2016, 05:36:22 AM
Just received my pre-order key from CDKEYS this morning...that place still continues to impress me....got it pretty darn cheap (pre-ordered back in January) and they deliver so that I can still preload ahead of time.  Even if the game does not overly impress, still think I got a good enough deal where I will certainly get my money's worth to try something new in the Total War universe.  As for unpacking the preload, no big deal either since I usually just leave my computer and steam on while at work, so by the time I get home things ready to roll.
+1

Nefaro

The campaign LPs have just begun coming out on YouTube.

Here are a couple initial campaign episodes (start at around 2 minutes in, past the promo info).


Dwarf campaign:




Chaos campaign:


Nefaro

5 Hours of Greenskin campaign from Tokshen.   ^-^


Toonces

^ Wow, thank you for posting that!

I can say unequivocally that that game does absolutely nothing for me.  I'm totally stoked for you guys that are day one into this, but that looks utterly awful to me. 

For once, I'll be able to hold out for the complete edition on sale!  Screw you Sega, I win!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I am leaning towards the Commander on this, but only slightly. I kinda sorta have a thing for the Chaos campaign and I am definitely in love with the idea of a vampire campaign.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Gus, I hear the vampire campaign sucks.

Nefaro


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!