Everybody's Working For the FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




So, a buddy of mine at work decided to put all his work orders and phone in his truck, lock it up, and tell the boss he quit.  Good for him!  Bad for me :(  His act of freedom has caused me to lose mine.  I gotta work this weekend.  BUT, when I get home, it will be pencil & paper D&D Saturday night and then most likely Civ IV, sp and mp. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Lots of ARMA 3, maybe some CAP2, hopefully some HOI4, possibly some House of the Dying Sun and most probably a lot of Brigador, my new addiction.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Anguille

Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.

It will probably be the usual suspects:

- Grand Ages: Rome
- Oriental Empires
- Master of Orion 4

tgb

HoI IV and TW;W, both of which I had been on record as saying I wasn't planning to get.  I blame you guys.

I want to see if I can turn the Soviet Union into a democratic "big brother" and defender of Poland and the Baltics.

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM



So, a buddy of mine at work decided to put all his work orders and phone in his truck, lock it up, and tell the boss he quit.  Good for him!  Bad for me :(  His act of freedom has caused me to lose mine.  I gotta work this weekend.  BUT, when I get home, it will be pencil & paper D&D Saturday night and then most likely Civ IV, sp and mp.

That sucks MD - I hope the boss told you to "get the vehicle open at any cost" and you took that as smashing the window in with a tire iron.

I'm not going to be around much this weekend. Maybe some Stellaris and watching all of the HoI4 LP's has me wanting to 1) buy that, which I'm really struggling with restraint, but successful so far and 2) wanting me to give Vicky 2 another go.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

AssCreed - Black Flag for me.

Anguille how close is Oriental Empires to release? How's it looking?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

I'll mostly be prepping for Origins this weekend.

Along with NOT buying or watching anything HOI IV.... :(

Some VASSAL work.

Finish car rebuild.

Yard work because I've been away from home all week.

Maybe some Stellaris.

But definitely no HOI IV... probably... maybe....  :P


MD - This new development at work won't keep you from Origins will it?  ???

Rayfer

Hearts of Iron 4.....it knocked my long running WitP:AE campaign off its throne.

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2016, 06:55:16 AM
Anguille how close is Oriental Empires to release? How's it looking?
Sorry but i really cannot comment on this.

Officially, it's Q3 2016.

Dammit Carl!

Game-wise, I've got World of Warships on my horizon for sure.  That, and plugging some nazi zombies via Sniper Elite (shit never gets old for me).

Home-wise, I've got drywall to put up thanks to a water leak fix, bathroom tile stuff, yard work, and finally some reupholstery to do.  Doesn't seem like much of a "relaxing," weekend after all... :-\

JudgeDredd

#10
Quote from: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 06:05:46 AM
Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.
...
Oh - thank god. I thought there was a Euro 2016 Football tournament on and that I was going to lose a lot of time watching it. If it's soccer, it ain't what I was thinking...cool...more gaming  :P

Quote from: MetalDog on June 10, 2016, 05:48:29 AM
...So, a buddy of mine at work decided to put all his work orders and phone in his truck, lock it up, and tell the boss he quit.  Good for him!  Bad for me :(  His act of freedom has caused me to lose mine.  I gotta work this weekend.  BUT, when I get home, it will be pencil & paper D&D Saturday night and then most likely Civ IV, sp and mp. 
That's crap MD. Weekends are VERY important. Everyone needs  break.

Well, Euro 2016, New Zealand v Wales, Australia v England and South Africa v Ireland (rugby) means I will have absolutely 0 time for gaming on Saturday.

Sunday has Scotland in Colchester where bagpipe bands turn up to compete against one another. A great day normally and plenty of booze. Unfortunately it looks like rain...but the beer is sold in a tent!

If I do get some gaming in, I'd like to properly kick off my HoI IV campaign as Turkey and also check out Combat Air Patrol 2 again - see what's going on. F1 2015 is also calling me to continue my career in the McLaren at Abu Dhabi

But - in all honesty, I'm unlikely to get any of that done!

Have a good gaming weekend.  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Hancock

Wife joining me in retirement this afternoon, so lots of martinis.

WoW a definite at times over the weekend.....my first ventures with fully moduled and upgraded Tier VIII US BB North Carolina.

And at quiet times, Civ V....early in game as Napoleon....and of course I start out in the arctic circle surrounded by barbarians......
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Anguille

#12
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 10, 2016, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Anguille on June 10, 2016, 06:05:46 AM
Hard to tell how much gaming it will be. The European Soccer Turnament starts today....lots of matches coming.
...
Oh - thank god. I thought there was a Euro 2016 Football tournament on and that I was going to lose a lot of time watching it. If it's soccer, it ain't what I was thinking...cool...more gaming  :P
Ah ah...i really have to force myself to call it soccer as we never use that word here. It is indeed the Euro 2015 Football tournament.....Switzerland is going to play tomorrow against Albania....

The whole thing's going to last about a month!

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2016, 06:00:01 AM
Lots of ARMA 3, maybe some CAP2, hopefully some HOI4, possibly some House of the Dying Sun and most probably a lot of Brigador, my new addiction.

Possibly some ARMA3, Definitely some Wars of Napoleon (I gave up on Turkey so I'll try France with extra ships (It's a script....by the way, the game is "scripted", but that
seems to supply more variability in many areas)) and GBOA Tyrant module board game.

Toonces

It's increasingly looking like BMS Falcon and ARMA 3 are on the plate.

Maybe some more Scourge of War: Gettysburg as well....it's just too early to tell yet.

And a new Rome 2 campaign.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs