Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on June 11, 2016, 08:28:12 PM


Take note of the wastelands (ruined towns) in the north.  The AI doesn't seem to be keen on resettling as far as I have seen.


The AI was really bad at repopulating ruined settlements in Attila.  After some hordes had their way, europe looked almost like the face of the moon.  One of the major complaints about it.   

Not sure if they've improved the AI in this one, regarding that.  Since money is even tighter in TW:W, I would expect it to still be a very slow process even if the AI had been tweaked to value doing so more highly.

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on June 12, 2016, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: jomni on June 11, 2016, 08:28:12 PM


Take note of the wastelands (ruined towns) in the north.  The AI doesn't seem to be keen on resettling as far as I have seen.


The AI was really bad at repopulating ruined settlements in Attila.  After some hordes had their way, europe looked almost like the face of the moon.  One of the major complaints about it.   

Not sure if they've improved the AI in this one, regarding that.  Since money is even tighter in TW:W, I would expect it to still be a very slow process even if the AI had been tweaked to value doing so more highly.

This is a concern for me. Recently I DoW'd the vampire counts. I took one town and saw the other one making up the province was a ruin. Since the fog is lifted I could see their province south made up of 3 towns. One of those is a ruin and has been since very early in the game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

FlickJax

I've seen a lot of resettlement in my game, especially the vampire counts land and the greenskins land.

jomni

Quote from: FlickJax on June 13, 2016, 01:51:44 AM
I've seen a lot of resettlement in my game, especially the vampire counts land and the greenskins land.

Well that's good to hear.

Nefaro

Quote from: FlickJax on June 13, 2016, 01:51:44 AM
I've seen a lot of resettlement in my game, especially the vampire counts land and the greenskins land.

I've also seen a little.  It certainly does it to some extent.

mikeck

I'm hopeful. Small sample-size but i am battling in 2 provinces owned by vampires and each has 2 towns. If the 4, 3 are ruins. The fourth is only level 2. Doesn't matter to me...they're vampires.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

At the same time you also don't want the AI to repopulate every one, right after you wasted them.  Might make that option less appealing, but I suppose they still have to pay up and rebuild so it's a money drain either way (and leaves an army undermanned for a bit).

FlickJax

Quote from: Nefaro on June 13, 2016, 04:59:59 PM
At the same time you also don't want the AI to repopulate every one, right after you wasted them.  Might make that option less appealing, but I suppose they still have to pay up and rebuild so it's a money drain either way (and leaves an army undermanned for a bit).

absolutely, it would be totally unrealistic to see all razed cities come back straight away.

jomni

It's probably a function of money. Large empires have the opportunity to repopulate. Small ones would rather use the money on its armies.  Resettlement costs more than 1000 gold and a significant number of men from your army.

jomni

Ok. All Chaos armies have been eliminated. I'm allies with all human and dwarf factions. We are now fighting the Counts. TOP Knotz orcs resurgence is giving me some problems.

jomni

#475
Agh.  Game crashed after I eliminated the Top Knotz.  And it is repeatable.

mikeck

#476
This is the first Total War game where I have ever finished a campaign...really. I've played hundreds of hours but never finished. I was so into this game that I ended up finishing the long campaign. I have to admit, I didn't think I would like the high-fantasy setting so I compromised....I refused to recruit Griffins, steam tanks, etc and didn't use magic. In essence I treated it like a Hollywood medieval setting. Lots of swords and huge plate mail. Anyway,great game. No crashes and except for the end 1/4, challenging. There is always a point where you start steamrolling
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

Finally got through the turn. Kept reloading the save until the AI did something different.

Gusington

But...will you play again, mikeck?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I'm sure I will. I played as the Empire so next I will try Bretonnia. I'm big on conventional stuff so no trolls or dwarves. I might give the vampire counts a try.

Short answer: of course! It's TW
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson