Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rekim

I see the server is back to day 1 at 07:00. Still Navezgane map, so probably happened on its own again.

ArizonaTank

Hi Guys, I'm back. 

Let me know if you want me to do anything to the server.  Go back to random map?  Make zombies harder?


Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Hi AT
What settings are there to make it harder? Is it like single player increasing the volume of zombies. Either way my vote is for yes increasing volume and going back to random, the stock map is way small. There still is some FPS drops with large hordes sporadically though.
Thank you sir.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

#663
Quote from: -budd- on June 17, 2016, 06:18:10 PM
Hi AT
What settings are there to make it harder? Is it like single player increasing the volume of zombies. Either way my vote is for yes increasing volume and going back to random, the stock map is way small. There still is some FPS drops with large hordes sporadically though.
Thank you sir.

Here is the config file (blanked some of the password info).  It is pretty easy to tweak.  Just need to stop the server, then make the changes to the config file.  Gameservers.com has a nice utility to let you do that easily.  For the FPS problem, I can drop the max number of zombies.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ServerSettings>
  <property name="ServerPort"                           value="25000"/>                         <!-- Port you want the server to listen on. -->
  <property name="ServerIsPublic"                       value="true"/>                          <!-- Should this server register to master server -->
  <property name="ServerName"                           value="Unofficial Grog Invitational"/>          <!-- Whatever you want the name to be. -->
  <property name="ServerPassword"                       value=>                                      <!-- Password to gain entry to the server -->
  <property name="ServerMaxPlayerCount"         value="8"/>                                     <!-- Maximum Concurrent Players -->
  <property name="ServerDescription"            value="All grogs welcome"/> <!-- Whatever you want the description to be. -->
  <property name="ServerWebsiteURL"             value=""/>                                      <!-- Website URL for the server -->
 
  <property name="GameWorld"                            value="Navezgane"/>                     <!-- Navezgane, MP Wasteland Horde, MP Wasteland Skirmish, MP Wasteland War, Random Gen -->
  <property name="GameName"                             value=/>                       <!-- Whatever you want the game name to be THIS CONTROLS THE RANDOM GENERATION SEED -->
  <property name="GameDifficulty"                       value="3"/>                             <!-- 0 - 4, 0=easiest, 4=hardest -->
  <property name="GameMode"                                     value="GameModeSurvivalMP"/>    <!-- GameModeSurvivalMP, GameModeSurvivalSP (MP has land protection) -->
 
  <property name="ZombiesRun"                           value="0" />                            <!-- 0 = default day/night walk/run, 1 = never run, 2 = always run -->
  <property name="BuildCreate"                          value="false" />                                <!-- cheat mode on/off -->
  <property name="DayNightLength"                       value="70" />                           <!-- 40 minutes -->
  <property name="DayLightLength"         value="18" />            <!-- in game hours the sun shines per day: 18 hours day light per day-->
  <property name="FriendlyFire"                         value="false" />                        <!-- Can friendly players damage each other (PvP) -->
  <property name="PersistentPlayerProfiles"     value="false" />                        <!-- If disabled a player can join with any selected profile. If true they will join with the last profile they joined with -->
 
  <property name="PlayerSafeZoneLevel"      value="12" />                                <!-- If a player is less or equal this level he will create a safe zone (no enemies) when spawned -->
  <property name="PlayerSafeZoneHours"      value="12" />                                <!-- Hours in world time this safe zone exists -->
    <property name="AdminFileName"                        value=/>       <!-- Server admin file name -->
 
  <property name="DropOnDeath"                          value="1" />                            <!-- 0 = everything, 1 = toolbelt only, 2 = backpack only, 3 = delete all -->
  <property name="DropOnQuit"                           value="0" />                            <!-- 0 = nothing, 1 = everything, 2 = toolbelt only, 3 = backpack only -->
  <property name="EnemySenseMemory"                     value="50" />                           <!-- Time, in seconds, that a zombie will pursue something that has been sensed. -->
  <property name="EnemySpawnMode"                       value="3" />                            <!-- 0 = Disabled 0%, 1 = Very Low 50%, 2 = Low 75%, 3 = Medium 100%, 4 = High 125%, 5 = Very High 150% -->
  <property name="EnemyDifficulty"                      value="0" />                            <!-- 0 = Normal, 1 = Feral -->

  <property name="BlockDurabilityModifier"      value="100" />                          <!-- percentage in whole numbers -->
 
  <property name="LootAbundance"                        value="110" />                          <!-- percentage in whole numbers -->
  <property name="LootRespawnDays"                      value="30" />                            <!-- days in whole numbers -->
 
  <property name="LandClaimSize"                                                value="7"/>             <!-- Size in blocks that is protected by a keystone -->
  <property name="LandClaimDeadZone"                                    value="30"/>    <!-- Keystones must be this many blocks apart (unless you are friends with the other player) -->
  <property name="LandClaimExpiryTime"                                  value="7"/>             <!-- The number of days a player can be offline before their claims expire and are no longer protected -->
  <property name="LandClaimDecayMode"                                   value="2"/>             <!-- Controls how offline players land claims decay. All claims have full protection for the first 24hrs. 0=Linear, 1=Exponential, 2=Full protection until claim is expired. -->
  <property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier"    value="4"/>             <!-- How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is online. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 32x -->
  <property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier"   value="4"/>             <!-- How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is offline. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 32x -->
  <property name="AirDropFrequency"                                             value="24"/>    <!-- How often airdrop occur in game-hours, 0 == never -->
 
  <property name="MaxSpawnedZombies"                                    value="80"/>    <!-- Making this number too large (more than about 80) may cause servers to run at poor framerates which will effect lag and play quality for clients. -->
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

 I'm for bumping up the spawn mode to 4=125% and increasing the sense memory to 60 and leaving the max spawn at 80. I'm ready to roll with the map reset any time everyone else is.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

anyone know if you can turn off the tutorial stuff?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Rekim

I'm ready for the reset.

Won't be able to join in on the festivities for a couple more days. Zeds better watch out next weekend when my summer vacation starts though  :knuppel2:

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on June 18, 2016, 04:06:05 PM
I'm for bumping up the spawn mode to 4=125% and increasing the sense memory to 60 and leaving the max spawn at 80. I'm ready to roll with the map reset any time everyone else is.

Server reset...happy hunting everyone....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Temp base up, damn forgot to write the coordinates. Hub city at 0.0 base is north west of hub about 10:00, it's in the snow biome but right on the edge of the wastelands, on a hill. It's about a beer from the hub city. Well lit, but I planted trees around the base.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

I found what looks like a prison on the good side of the dead zone border.  Never seen that construct before.  Ready made for defense.  Thick walls, guard towers.  But no water nearby as far as I can tell.  As a matter of fact, having trouble finding water in general...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 20, 2016, 08:54:59 AM
I found what looks like a prison on the good side of the dead zone border.  Never seen that construct before.  Ready made for defense.  Thick walls, guard towers.  But no water nearby as far as I can tell.  As a matter of fact, having trouble finding water in general...

Nice, never seen that before either. where's it at, using the hub as reference. OJ and I arent far from the hub in the snow biome, so water's no problem, there's a crap load of lakes close by also. There's 5 different biome close by. I'm currently on walk about holing up quite a ways north west from our base in the desert, im looking for the western town to base in. Nothing like being on walk about and dying and having to go all the way back for your backpack :tickedoff: .... i drop a bag at suitable locations along the way, well if i remember too.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.